Getting close, time for the dumb questions lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today I went out to pick up some stuff for the car. Hold down tabs and studs for the valve covers. New throttle/kickdown bracket. Fuel filter. Set of gauges. Sadly, no luck. So looks like I'll have to order online. Where is the best place to order parts from in Canada? Was thinking Summit?

I found this thread to be usefull but i still have a question, about vacuum on the edelbrock carb and distributor, this is how mine is hooked up right now , 350 turbo trans vac line is rear.port off back of manifold, distributor vac line is off drivers side front port ,his is the problem i teyed to connect my vac tool to the ports to try to set carb better and it isnt moving i dont feel vac when i put finger over ports or hear a difference when i pull the line off where there conected ,also the black plastic coffee can with all the vac lines comming out of it in front of fender is not conected ,there is two black plastic valves that almost meet and the large port that is facing the engine has no line on it and im not sure where it should go ibut i believe i need it . Help me 8lb infant baby jesus ..

Only thing I can help with is the transmission cooler (just aced my transmissions exam at school lol) You don't want it to touch your rad, since the heat from your rad will transfer to the trans cooler and thus not cool as well. Best way to do this would be to epoxy some chunks of rubber or plastic to the back of it then zip tie it to your rad. If you have a cooler inside your rad as well as an external, that's the best way to go. The line from your trans goes to your rad, then from your rad to your ext. cooler, then from that back to your trans. Don't be worried about your coolant being hotter, it'll still be way cooler than your trans, they're just built to run hotter. Apparently coolant cools the best since it's liquid. Good luck with the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor