Getting hot when running A/C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
How accurate is your temp gauge? I know it sounds like a stupid question but think about it.
When you shut the engine off did it boil over?
I good tool is a laser pointed temp gauge. Hit tstat housing and see what the temp is
It should be accurate enough to be believable. When I had the Megasquirt installed I ran dual coolant sensors, one in the head for the Megasquirt and one where the intake feeds the water pump for the gauge cluster. They always matched well, so I am guessing that nothing has changed there to effect it.

Reactions: 1 user

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Look down between the condenser and radiator and check for dirt, fuzz, lint, leaves, etc on the radiator fins. If so, wash off with a garden hose spraying from inside towards the front of the car.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Remember that automatic cooling fans do not come on until about 230 degrees
I have a PWM fan controller that kicks on a out 190 or so. It has an A/C wire that kicks it on 100% speed at any temperature when enabled. It seems to be working as it should.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
I don't think your rad can handle the 350
It is possible, as I wasn't too impressed with the radiator. I am also wondering if the fans can't move enough air to handle the load of the radiator and condenser both. The cloud car fans leave a 6-8 inch gap at the top of the radiator that isn't covered.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Fans rotating in the correct direction? I only ask because I've seen it wrong more than once.

Reactions: 1 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
what size and the cfm rating of those fans?
Supposedly about 3000-3500 cfm but there are no real hard numbers on that. I think they are roughly 15"x25", but I'm not near the car to measure at the moment. It is a good fit for the radiator, just a little bit short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor