Getting hot when running A/C

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I'm going to say radiator, and here's why. The car ran fine before turning the AC on. So, if the heater valve closes when you kick on the AC, you're losing a small, aux radiator. It's either that, or there's something with the heater hose routing (in my beady, little brain, anyway).

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Bobbystill

Apprentice
Mar 24, 2019
if you have your fan to come on at 185 with a 180 thermostat once your fan hits the 185 it will be on all the time cause you will need to have the temp drop to 170 to shut it off and it will never get there. As soon as you drop under 180 the thermosat will start to close and heat up the coolant in the engine
Lol How do you know when my fan is supposed to cut off? In my system it actually shuts the fan off once the temp is cooled down 10 degrees from fan engagement, so 175 in my case. Unless I'm in stop and go traffic my coolant system has enough capacity and thermostat bypass to allow the fan to cool it down to 175 and then stay below 185. If my driving conditions change I can change my fan engagement temp on the fly. This is a discussion for another thread though.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
I ended up purchasing a 16" TorqFlo fan to use as a pusher on the condenser. Hopefully that will be enough to do the trick.

Reactions: 1 user

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Pusher fans are band aids; get the problem fixed.
Changing over to an F-body fan or getting a bigger radiator would be a better fix, those are gonna have to wait until the coronavirus ****ery goes away.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor