Getting OCD with fuel line, go AN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I finally got the point of testing the fuel system today. I have 8 fittings where I used the tube nuts and tube sleeves which I flared the aluminum line 45 degrees instead of the 37 degrees Russel's instructions. The pump pressure was sitting at 50 psi and I had no leaks......oh and no explosions either... 🙂

tube-nuts.jpg
tube-sleeves.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
update on those fittings, I had a blockage in the return line at the tank. With the car running the fuel pressure was 80 psi. The aliminum tube didn't explode and none of the fittings leaked at that pressure. I didn't crank real hard on them when I tightened up all the fittings so I am real happy with them.

Reactions: 2 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Anyone ever use Hotrodfuelhose ? They are up north hey der.... I got em in black and red with black braided hose 6an. Haven't installed yet but seem to be as good of quality as any. I've used Earls mostly in the past....

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Another area done, finally after getting the right fittings to make it work & look clean to my likings. As long as nothing leaks I'll be happy. That shrink tube on the line has the date I finished it so I'll remember how old it is. Found a place out of Virginia for the fuel filter & the hose end 90 deg cheaper than Summit with free shipping for everything. http://www.getfast1.com/
DSCN3986.JPG
DSCN3987.JPG

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor