Yeah, me too. How's it going Mark?

• Friendly
Reactions: 1 user

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Hi guys. My belly button hurts where the back hoe went in. And around my shoulders. Otherwise I'm OK. I learned that they pump you up with air so they have room to work and then that air migrates to the upper body causing pain. Moveing around and hot showers help. Everyone's screaming at me to stay on the recliner but I feel pretty good and I'm doing small jobs. No heavy lifting of course. I spent a day vacuuming down the Jeep AC system and filled it up exactly plus sealer. Keeping fingers crossed the leak gets fixed.

Reactions: 6 users

james86gp

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 31, 2015
Doug- I heard that. But- there is no pain in the universe like dental pain. And the shoe always drops on a long holiday weekend......
I am 6 month from being 61 I have not been able work I was a line tech for a power company; due to the stress and anxiety that has thrown me for a loop. when I do something that is frustrating to me ; stop wait start over later. I hate not having the ability to complete things like I use to. However with all that aging brings pains and strains and not remembering where you used that 15 mm wrench last . Really getting old is better than being young forever

james86gp

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 31, 2015
You young-un's pay attention. In two weeks I'll be 65 years old. I've been pretty lucky my whole life not getting hurt too badly. But last week while wrenching on a Jeep I blew out my hernia. OUCH!!!! Pain like I've never experienced. I wanted to put a gun at my head and just stop the agony. Instead I popped a pain pill and when the pain subsided I got myself to the emergency room where they pushed the strangulated organ back in through the muscle wall. RELIEF! The Doc said it was probably a combination of straining and a coughing fit from all the crazy pollen floating around that week. Now, here's why I said pay attention. I have known about this for 8 years and did nothing about it. It never really hurt so I figured why bother with an operation I might be able to do without. Bad idea. Now I have to drop everything and arrange an operation as fast as I can. Then I'll be flat on my *ss recovering as Summer slides by. Rats. All this could have been avoided if I had done two things: taken care of it when it was a small problem. And not ignored the fact that I am an old schmuck that can't wrench like a teenager anymore. So when you look in the mirror one morning and there's a 30/40/50 year old guy staring back- PAY ATTENTION! And take care of yourself.
Sorry about the hernia I haven't look for birth dates I was telling myself you to stop your too old for this. sounds like I am just the right age.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Thanks for the support guys. But if you want to feel bad for someone- feel bad for stroke victims. My Mom had a few, as well as Mom-in-law, my same age cousin, and a good friend. The friend was feeling dizzy and weak one day but ignored it. The next day he was up in his hot attic when he began to vomit and collapsed. His wife called 911 and they got him to a hospital fast. He survived but he is wounded. He is slow and shaky, needs a cane, needs help with everything, is a burden on his wife, and has gotten bitchy to be around. They found nothing wrong with him- probably a burst blood vessel in his brain- they can't be sure. He was otherwise healthy. And THAT is the scary part.

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
Mark, very glad you're getting better fast! And yes, getting old isn't for wimps (I'm 72 years young), LOL! ... I feel SO VERY SORRY for your friend. I had a small brain bleed and have gotten back all accept some of my word spelling. I DO feel blessed with my recovery! ... Hoping for the best of luck for you and your friend.

Doug

Reactions: 1 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Doug- thanks- I had no idea you had that happen to you too. Did they venture a cause? According to my friend he "let's little things bother him too much". His words.

findinglemo

Master Mechanic
Jun 12, 2011
Owasso, Oklahoma
Mark,
We sometimes don't realize we're overtaxing our bodies until we experience some type of injury, screw up our backs, muscle pain, strains, nuts, etc. These are obvious signs that we've overdone it.
Do we learn from our mistakes....probably not.
Again, we're not the young bucks we once were...or thought we were. :eek: Well, in two weeks you'll be eligible for Medicare. I've already been a recipient for the past few years. I'll be 68 in a few weeks myself. take care of yourself, and speedy recovery. Hopefully. you'll be back at it before you know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor