Getting old sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
Mark, the brain bleed I had was called an "Aphasia". (Cerebral Hemorrhage). My Neurosurgeon said that there is no sure-fired reason why it happened or if it ever happens again. My post "I'll be back" tells all the happened.

Doug

• Friendly
Reactions: 1 user

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Wow Doug you really did have a miraculous recovery. Reading your posts from beginning to end I can see how well you progressed. I missed the whole thing because I was going through pre-op testing leading up to my operation. Your condition sounds exactly like my friend's. He is not as cognitive as you- I wish he could engage in some sort of forum but he is too stubborn to even own a computer. Yeah, one of those, he gives old people a bad name. I am familiar with the metal-in-eye concerns. When I get my MRI they always ask about that. I too have been working around metal and welding my whole life. I once got a burning metal cinder stuck in my eye and a super talented Postal Medical Unit doctor deftly plucked it out. They still X-ray my eye just in case. I'm glad you are doing so well as you are one of the mature "voices of reason" on this site.

Reactions: 1 users

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
Wow, Mark! ,,, (you are one of the mature " voices of reason" on this site) is truly humbling to me! Thank you for putting a smile on this old man's face! ...My bleed was slightly above and slightly to the rear of my ear on the left side of my brain. Cheri telling me to "get in the Blazer, sit now, and shut up" and getting me to the emergency room probable saved my fife (IMHO)! She gives me the strength I need to progress each and every day!!! ... The brain bleed erased A LOT of words that I used daily. Relearning to read those words, speak those words, and spell those words, will be a slow channel for me. I will NOT quit!

Doug

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Doug,
I'm glad to hear that you're on the road to recovery. Cheri is a strong woman....and probably has to be to put up with your shenanigans over the years. :p I hope she's taking good care of you and keeping you inline..;)

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Doug,
I'm glad to hear that you're on the road to recovery. Cheri is a strong woman....and probably has to be to put up with your years of shenanigans. :p I hope she's taking good care of you and keeping you inline..;)

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Hi Mark, I was going to ask if you are back to normal but I think that may be asking for too much....;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor