Getting the F' Outta Dodge.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Mike,
How were you able to move everything cross country, cars, etc? That looks like a lot of stuff. :confused:

Mostly Natasha. She practically coordinated everything. Pods. Transport for the cars. Procured the packing material (and packed). Lawyers. Mortgage. Paying all the bills. Utilities on/off. Enrolled/removed the kids from school. Booking hotels. Planning gas stops. Managing both sides of the sale. Endless hours of thankless work preparing the house, packing, loading, moving, unloading, unpacking.

I was just the muscle... and she still slings heavy boxes and furniture by herself. Here she is carrying my grandfather's chair:

I believe you cannot be part of the 'hood' until the neighbors have experienced you in your full glory. And I won't believe that's done until you've blessed the road with rubber. And without pics/vids means it's only hearsay.

Kidding aside - congrats and hope it works as well as you hope for you and your family.

Now onto burnout pics ;)

I'll have to do it merging onto the highway - we're off a long gravel road now.

glad it's going well,especially with the bigger stuff.each passing day it'll come together a little more.it's very stressful but you certainly made it look the opposite. (y)

Thanks - I have the world's best partner in crime, and our kids are angels.

----

I managed to hook up my BBQ today... chicken never tasted so good.

Time to go assemble a bunk bed!

• Winner
Reactions: 10 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
They already make them:
Yeah, but if you make your own like you did with the exhaust that's where you get street cred in those parts.

Reactions: 1 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Better get a gun rack for your back window in the TBSS.

Those hockey sticks ain't going to transport themselves!!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Get used to the wind Mike on the Prairies. The dry cycles, like we are in, are especially bad for wind. It has been a real piss off for boating and fishing. Nothing like dirt blowing in your face🤔. Glad to see you getting settled. What is your Winter driver? I will wave at every vehicle that matches the description in Saskatoon the next maybe 6 months I have to live there. Welcome to the Gap.

Reactions: 3 users

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
They already make them:
They should make them in yellow to match all the spoiler guards. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Agree

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Get used to the wind Mike on the Prairies. The dry cycles, like we are in, are especially bad for wind. It has been a real piss off for boating and fishing. Nothing like dirt blowing in your face🤔. Glad to see you getting settled. What is your Winter driver? I will wave at every vehicle that matches the description in Saskatoon the next maybe 6 months I have to live there. Welcome to the Gap.

What it feels like outside:

toast the knowing mad max fury road GIF

I'll be rocking the TBSS.

• Haha

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
What it feels like outside:

toast the knowing mad max fury road GIF

I'll be rocking the TBSS.

So if you live in the Mad Max universe now and masks are recommended/expected...

I'll still enjoy seeing photos of your projects,

But you can keep the weird leather and straps attire to yourself, please....

mad max GIF

Reactions: 2 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
So if you live in the Mad Max universe now and masks are recommended/expected...

I'll still enjoy seeing photos of your projects,

But you can keep the weird leather and straps attire to yourself, please....

mad max GIF
One hell of a way to make a good impression when first bringing the kids to the new school. Bet the teachers wouldn't nag you for conferences....

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
We have a parent teacher meeting on Friday. I was planning on attending as...

magic mike channing tantum GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
We have a parent teacher meeting on Friday. I was planning on attending as...

magic mike channing tantum GIF
Nah, get a spiked dog collar and have Natasha lead you in on a leash. But wear leather chaps and a police hat.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor