Getting the F' Outta Dodge.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
You will find that to be a pain in the *ss with clean cars. 1.2 miles will stir up a lot of dust. I live a quarter mile off the highway. I drive slow and use a California Duster when I get to where I am going. We have hog houses all over where I live. My biggest complaint about living on a gravel road is the dust the traffic makes. Think pool, windows, clean cars. But I have awesome neighbors. One quarter mile away and two others half mile. That part of it is awesome. Around here the gravel roads get plowed after the highways are cleared. Sometimes getting a quarter mile down the road is hard or not happening for a while. Don't mean to discourage you any, just giving you a heads up. You have a beautiful place and am happy for you. Once you get used to it, you will never move back to the city.

I already resigned myself to this. It is what it is. I have a couple of California Car Dusters... but, I will probably end up ceramic coating the cars to minimize the dust "stick".

A bit of clarification: the red line is the route we have been taking in Natasha's Colorado which is about 2km. The green line is 950m. This will be my path in the nice cars.

EasyPhotoEditor_26102021_190537.jpg

We work from home, so the only pressure is getting the kids to school. We have a 4x4 and AWD - we're good there. Our old neighbourhood were the last streets to be plowed... we turned around numerous times when it was impassable or unsafe.

Reactions: 4 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
What the heck is this for?

View attachment 186029
I remember being 16 and pulling 4 of them on a bar around the field with an ancient AR John Deere tractor. Dad had me do it as punishment for a minor consumption of alcohol charge. It sucked, their was no type of suspension on that tractor. What is this pavement you speak of? We have a ridiculous amount of gravel roads here. Also some of the pavement is worse to drive than the gravel. The roads have actually improved compared to years back. I remember we could tell when we crossed the Saskatchewan border, the vibrations and bouncing were dead give aways😁.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I remember being 16 and pulling 4 of them on a bar around the field with an ancient AR John Deere tractor. Dad had me do it as punishment for a minor consumption of alcohol charge. It sucked, their was no type of suspension on that tractor. What is this pavement you speak of? We have a ridiculous amount of gravel roads here. Also some of the pavement is worse to drive than the gravel. The roads have actually improved compared to years back. I remember we could tell when we crossed the Saskatchewan border, the vibrations and bouncing were dead give aways😁.

Hell, we had a day without wind or rain today - just warm sun and a soft breeze. It. Was. Amazing.

Looking West:
PXL_20211026_231104785.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Ah, hanging some running boards on the Hell Kitty means you ought to at least consider a 2" lift kit to go with, and maybe some donkey tall tires to complete that "rural" 'tude. (Insert sniggers here.) The multicolor paint job to hide the scratches and scrape marks incurred from encountering tree branches while bootin' it at high speed down those Sask back roads; wee-ell we'll discuss them later.

Meantime, glad to see you made it home.

Nick

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Here's what we were greeted with this morning:

PXL_20211027_140303729.jpg

Our property line runs down to where the fence does a 90. I haven't even been over there yet... so much space.

• Love
  • Winner
Reactions: 8 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Here's what we were greeted with this morning:

View attachment 186086

Our property line runs down to where the fence does a 90. I haven't even been over there yet... so much space.
I'm seeing a lot of large garages and barns over the neighbors. Looks like your junk and hobbies should be fairly well received, assuming to keep the ugly to a minimum.

• Agree

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I'm seeing a lot of large garages and barns over the neighbors. Looks like your junk and hobbies should be fairly well received, assuming to keep the ugly to a minimum.

Yeah, there are a lot of secondary and tertiary buildings out here. Our house and garage are on the smaller side.

I already have a couple stacks of wheels and tires, and car parts beside the shop. Planning to move those inside today or tomorrow.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Yeah, there are a lot of secondary and tertiary buildings out here. Our house and garage are on the smaller side.

I already have a couple stacks of wheels and tires, and car parts beside the shop. Planning to move those inside today or tomorrow.
Always a good thing to be underbuilt for the area. Means upgrades you make wouldn't surpass the local market if/when you chose to sell. The place keeps sounding better.

I wouldn't think of those tires as a big deal though, outside wanting them inside for practical reasons. Especially moving in. What I was picturing was half disassembled parts cars languishing outside with grasses growing up

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Thought they called partially dissassembled cars, "Yard Art". Buy a bunch of cheap car covers and paint daisies on them; if nothing else that ought to thoroughly baffle the P-C's in the 'hood.

Nick

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor