Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Max Headroom

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2011
No, not that Dodge.

Thanks to Ontario (quickly becoming California Jr) and the general state of Canada imploding (a dystopian future created by mass psychosis) we are feverishly working on a move West to Saskatchewan - which may be the last bastion of hope for a normal future for our kids. We came to this decision on Saturday morning (following the province's back to school plan released on 3 Aug) and realizing the lack of support for our youngest who is deaf (masks don't work for deaf people who depend on lip reading, have reduced access to sound, and are trying to develop normal speech) from the school boards et al for an exemption - despite our aggressively advocating for her care since even before the plan was announced. Honestly, we should have started this move process sooner.

We've already engaged our real estate agent to list the house (and have a rough plan), and sent a request to our employer for an indefinite remote work plan (seems to be going ahead, and even if it doesn't were pretty much gone regardless), and expect to have most of the key pieces in place in the coming weeks. If you are in the Ottawa area and need parts expect a fire sale - because I'd rather not move it all.

Guess I am going to learn to enjoy hunting, fishing and snowmobiling.

This world is going to sh*t. Time for lots of land, a gun, and some clear lines of sight to the adversary.
It is a shame that OTHER people have forced you into this position. I hope all goes well!!

• In Love
Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
This was a fun two-day project. We had a break in the weather: 0°C and sunny. Time to install Starlink!

Yesterday I made Stabby McStabface to go with Dishy. There is an integrated grounding strap and cable for just-in-case reasons. Added a 24" extension to elevate it above the snow.

PXL_20220115_225422522.MP.jpg PXL_20220116_173923008.jpg PXL_20220116_180132043.jpg

Today I got to install it. It didn't go as planned. At all. Ground was frozen c*ck-solid and I killed a few drill bits getting it set. The house was being a royal PITA to fish the cable inside. I had to pull 7 wires out and port the hole just to get enough room for the cable end and filter through. I was not impressed. Then reassembly and sealing. Does random caulk you found laying around set in -10°C?

PXL_20220116_190702798.jpg PXL_20220116_214008048.jpg PXL_20220116_230917230.jpg

140Mbps in the middle of nowhere is pretty wild.

Reactions: 2 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
This was a fun two-day project. We had a break in the weather: 0°C and sunny. Time to install Starlink!

Yesterday I made Stabby McStabface to go with Dishy. There is an integrated grounding strap and cable for just-in-case reasons. Added a 24" extension to elevate it above the snow.

View attachment 190391

that's quite the vampire killer you got there? three at once?

• Haha

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO

View attachment 190389 View attachment 190390 View attachment 190391

Today I got to install it. It didn't go as planned. At all. Ground was frozen c*ck-solid and I killed a few drill bits getting it set. The house was being a royal PITA to fish the cable inside. I had to pull 7 wires out and port the hole just to get enough room for the cable end and filter through. I was not impressed. Then reassembly and sealing. Does random caulk you found laying around set in -10°C?

View attachment 190393 View attachment 190394 View attachment 190395

140Mbps in the middle of nowhere is pretty wild.

Do you even aim that thing? Those Starlink birds are all over.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Do you even aim that thing? Those Starlink birds are all over.

Nope. I just oriented it's fore and aft motion due North and it does the rest with the internal servos. It syncs and adjusts all by itself. Crazy.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I see that you repurposed a useless non-metric steel rule. And included industrial tie-downs so your 172 Mbps doesn't sail to the next province.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor