Getting the F' Outta Dodge.

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
I was selected by a board to attend a class in CA. It was a pretty cool experience.

It's f'in weird. USSF took like 99% of the USAF space guys like myself. They also took Intel, engineers, comm nerds, but rely on a lot of USAF bodies for support functions. We're a dept of the AF like the Marines are a dept of the Navy.
do they have a service song yet? Marines have "Shores of Tripoli", Air Force has "Wild Blue Yonder", navy, army, coast guard, etc

Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
do they have a service song yet? Marines have "Shores of Tripoli", Air Force has "Wild Blue Yonder", navy, army, coast guard, etc

Nope. They released new ranks, but nobody is in possession yet. But stuff seems to be coming down the pike almost weekly, so they're moving along, but man is there a lot to cover!

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Nope. They released new ranks, but nobody is in possession yet. But stuff seems to be coming down the pike almost weekly, so they're moving along, but man is there a lot to cover!
Is the standard service rifle an H&K G11?

Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Is the standard service rifle an H&K G11?

USSF just falls in line with USAF, so M16/M4. But lately when I sign my guys up it's just M4. I haven't shot for the military in ages, it's typically just for a deployment.

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
USSF just falls in line with USAF, so M16/M4. But lately when I sign my guys up it's just M4. I haven't shot for the military in ages, it's typically just for a deployment.
Lol, I think you missed the joke on this one. I should have said M41 Pulse rifle. My bad.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Lol, I think you missed the joke on this one. I should have said M41 Pulse rifle. My bad.

Yeah, I gave it a Google and a non-spacey gun came up so wasn't sure where you were trying to go with that. Anything that cool is gonna be classified anyway.

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

Hurricane77

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2020
Ottawa, Canada
This was a fun two-day project. We had a break in the weather: 0°C and sunny. Time to install Starlink!

Yesterday I made Stabby McStabface to go with Dishy. There is an integrated grounding strap and cable for just-in-case reasons. Added a 24" extension to elevate it above the snow
Today I got to install it. It didn't go as planned. At all. Ground was frozen c*ck-solid and I killed a few drill bits getting it set. The house was being a royal PITA to fish the cable inside. I had to pull 7 wires out and port the hole just to get enough room for the cable end and filter through. I was not impressed. Then reassembly and sealing. Does random caulk you found laying around set in -10°C?

View attachment 190394

140Mbps in the middle of nowhere is pretty wild.

Nice, the local farm cats are going to love it

Cats-use-500-Starlink-antennas-as-heated-beds.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor