Getting the F' Outta Dodge.

Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Nope. I just oriented it's fore and aft motion due North and it does the rest with the internal servos. It syncs and adjusts all by itself. Crazy.

Oh, nice. During my stint in CA, we took a swing by SpaceX and got the schpiel on that, the Starship, and a bunch of other cool info. Those Starlink birds are straight up disposable, as they become obsolete every couple of years, so they de-orbit/replace them so you don't end up with Hughesnet-like performance down the road.

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I see that you repurposed a useless non-metric steel rule. And included industrial tie-downs so your 172 Mbps doesn't sail to the next province.

The ground was so hard I almost used expansion lugs. They would have held until the thaw. Then we'd have a flying saucer the second the wind kicked up.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Oh, nice. During my stint in CA, we took a swing by SpaceX and got the schpiel on that, the Starship, and a bunch of other cool info. Those Starlink birds are straight up disposable, as they become obsolete every couple of years, so they de-orbit/replace them so you don't end up with Hughesnet-like performance down the road.
Oh great, wishing upon a Falling Starlink!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Oh great, wishing upon a Falling Starlink!

They're not that big. They totally defy the traditional approach to building a satellite. In the past, it was spendy to put stuff up. It still is, but SpaceX has definitely brought the cost down as they don't have to launch on someone else's rocket. Starship is supposed to reduce the cost even further. A lot further. We'll see, they've done well so far. And with that I'll dismount Elon Musk's nuts@ck.

• Haha

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
If the bandwidth proves consistent, it would be nice to unfund Comcast. I laugh at all those 'cutting the cord' only to find out that their ISP is a cable company. :rofl:

Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
What you probably don't realize is that my day job is being an Active Duty Space Force nerd. But I'm a weird one, 99% of these nerds are allergic to grease and wrenches.
Well, you certainly are logging the miles back and forth between Colorado and California. I should go back and reread "what did you do at work today?" thread...

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
What you probably don't realize is that my day job is being an Active Duty Space Force nerd. But I'm a weird one, 99% of these nerds are allergic to grease and wrenches.
aren't they all 100% transferred from the Air Force? I haven't seen any Space Force recruiting offices popping up or seen any advertising for enlisting.

Marines: “The Few. The Proud. The Marines.”
Army: "Be All You Can Be"
Navy: “It’s not just a job, it’s an adventure”
Air Force: “Aim High”
Space Force: "Are you allergic to grease and wrenches?" :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Well, you certainly are logging the miles back and forth between Colorado and California. I should go back and reread "what did you do at work today?" thread...

I was selected by a board to attend a class in CA. It was a pretty cool experience.

aren't they all 100% transferred from the Air Force? I haven't seen any Space Force recruiting offices popping up or seen any advertising for enlisting.

Marines: “The Few. The Proud. The Marines.”
Army: "Be All You Can Be"
Navy: “It’s not just a job, it’s an adventure”
Air Force: “Aim High”
Space Force: "Are you allergic to grease and wrenches?" :ROFLMAO:

It's f'in weird. USSF took like 99% of the USAF space guys like myself. They also took Intel, engineers, comm nerds, but rely on a lot of USAF bodies for support functions. We're a dept of the AF like the Marines are a dept of the Navy.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor