GM Buys Out Half of All Buick Dealers

Nov 4, 2012
Watching this asinine level of mismanagement is making my blood pressure go up and my eye twitch. Buick has been a soulless shell of its former self for well over a decade, but at this point I think GM is intentionally trying to run the brand into the ground to give themselves an excuse to drop it entirely in North America and simplify their portfolio.

• Agree
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Watching this asinine level of mismanagement is making my blood pressure go up and my eye twitch. Buick has been a soulless shell of its former self for well over a decade, but at this point I think GM is intentionally trying to run the brand into the ground to give themselves an excuse to drop it entirely in North America and simplify their portfolio.

Sadly, GM is already dead. They just don't know it yet. All that will survive, if anything, will be Corvette and Silverado. They haven't learned anything from 2008. Their corporate culture is too entrenched for them to right the ship.

• Agree
Reactions: 8 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
"As stated before, this year we’ve given dealers who are not aligned with Buick’s future to exit voluntarily in a respectful and structured way; with the full support of our National Dealer Council," the statement continued.

Last year, GM began planning to offer buyouts to its network of Buick dealers after it told the dealers to invest at least $300,000 to facilitate the selling and servicing of electric vehicles — including initiatives like the installation of EV chargers and training of staff — or give up the Buick franchise, according to a report by The Wall Street Journal.

"Do this, or else" would have been a more succinct way for them to put it. Nothing like forcing a product on the masses that the retail outlets don't want to sell. Just because they force a dealership's hands doesn't mean it's a smart thing to do. I think the dealership has a better feel for the pulse of their local customer base wants/needs than GM does as a corporation. They did the same thing to Cadillac dealers recently. Our local Chevy/Caddy dealer told them to pack sand because this was right in the middle of the chip shortage and there was NOTHING to sell, and they wanted huge financial outlay by the dealerships. WTF? They now only will be selling Chevys.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
Mary Barra is the main problem. She would have been out years ago if she wasn't politically connected to government. Every electric vehicle GM has come out with over the last decade has been an utter financial failure. The irony is they got rid of all of the profitable sedan vehicles that typically would go to fleets to concentrate on the EVs that GM has yet to make money with. It's like watching a bad horror film.

• Agree
Reactions: 9 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Too soon to start a pool on which month they ask for a bailout?

• Agree
Reactions: 9 users

86 Salon

Apprentice
Mar 14, 2021
Mary Barra is the main problem. She would have been out years ago if she wasn't politically connected to government. Every electric vehicle GM has come out with over the last decade has been an utter financial failure. The irony is they got rid of all of the profitable sedan vehicles that typically would go to fleets to concentrate on the EVs that GM has yet to make money with. It's like watching a bad horror film.
She must be good. Why else would she get a 27 million dollar bonus on top of her 2 million dollar salary?:confused:

Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
She must be good. Why else would she get a 27 million dollar bonus on top of her 2 million dollar salary?:confused:
suck my dick GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

86 Salon

Apprentice
Mar 14, 2021
Will she still be considered good if they go into bankruptcy again? Asking for a friend.....
Probably. I don't understand how businesses can be run poorly and run into the ground and still pay stockholders dividends. It's a giant scam.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
only $27 mil? she must be pissed because the UAW strike screwed with her bonus!

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor