GM Buys Out Half of All Buick Dealers

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I can't wait. You can soon just buy a chassis and then pick your body to put on it since in my eyes, they all look the same without a (mostly hideous) body. So exciting. Get's my blood pumping every time you sit in one and press the "on" button. You just can't wait to ride in it, as EVs aren't driven. You simply ride in them like a friggin' Johnnycab. :)

1703589022193.png

The relationship between the car and its owner should be more like those flying dragon things and the blue dudes in the Avatar movies. You develop a lasting BOND to the car and the car to you. Sure, I like and am happy about my refrigerator's ability to reliably keep my beers cold, but if it has a problem, I'd have no issue replacing it today without sorrow or sadness. No bond with my refrigerator. If I had to get rid of my cars, I'd definitely feel sad.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I can't wait. You can soon just buy a chassis and then pick your body to put on it since in my eyes, they all look the same without a (mostly hideous) body. So exciting. Get's my blood pumping every time you sit in one and press the "on" button. You just can't wait to ride in it, as EVs aren't driven. You simply ride in them like a friggin' Johnnycab. :)

View attachment 232795

The relationship between the car and its owner should be more like those flying dragon things and the blue dudes in the Avatar movies. You develop a lasting BOND to the car and the car to you. Sure, I like and am happy about my refrigerator's ability to reliably keep my beers cold, but if it has a problem, I'd have no issue replacing it today without sorrow or sadness. No bond with my refrigerator. If I had to get rid of my cars, I'd definitely feel sad.
Just swap bodies? Done & it's a Buick.
DSCN3047.JPG

Only if they made those motors like the old Aurora Thunder Jet 500 pancake motors then I'd have an idea on how to really hop them up.

Reactions: 1 users

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
With any luck Elon will buy it and bring back the GNX.

It's beginning to feel like living in an Ark II episode.

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020

View attachment 232795

I still race slot cars with my son...

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Meh....I'm 62. With the ridiculous price and terrible styling/quality/durability of new cars, I'll never buy a new one.

• Agree

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I still race slot cars with my son...
We still do here too as Jr. has his own with Life Like & older Tyco track. I have all three types of Aurora along with Faller from Germany. We both have 1/32 too. My collection is pass obsession with what I have

• Winner

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
you can't burn rubber in an EV?
I have never seen that. Maybe too light, too good traction, no weight transfer. All I see are 0 to 60 times that are almost unbelievable.

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
The relationship between the car and its owner should be more like those flying dragon things and the blue dudes in the Avatar movies. You develop a lasting BOND to the car and the car to you.
How it was in the Horse and Buggy days,
which weren't so bad in a lot of ways ....

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
People formed bonds with individual horses, as people did and still do with individual ICE vehicles.

People form bonds with the EV concept, and with the Tesla brand, but not many form bonds with individual EVs. Many EV fans don't even own one, they lease.

Even the most ardent EV fans consider them as disposable as smartphones. But smartphones are easier to dispose of than EVs.

Meanwhile, all these dealers found it very easy to dispose of both the EV concept and the Buick brand.

Last edited:

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor