Going for Chemo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Classicpartsmart

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 18, 2008
NY
Just wanted to wish you well! I have a brother in law doing the same thing now.
Positive thoughts to you and all of our prayers here :)

Hope all is good :) We are thinking of you!

Camshaft

Master Mechanic
May 27, 2009
Cleveland, Ohio
Good luck, you're in our thoughts and prayers.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
pokertramp said:
Thanks everyone.

Got home today from the hospital, round one is done. Only 3 more to go,lol. Really tired right now and it prob. won't get better for a while.

ttyl everyone..

hey now !! You made it back !! My dad once told me that they figure out Chemo this way. Once they know the dosage that will kill you, they back it off a bit and go with that !! Keep up the fight !

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
good luck poker, get better and get back!

flrshftnss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 19, 2009
my brother was just diagnosed so ur n my prayers as well like sum 1 above me said kick its *ss

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Dude where have you been. Haven't seen you posting for a while !?!

pokertramp

G-Body Guru
Aug 10, 2008
Thanks everyone and best of luck to your brother flrshftnss.

The Chemo is a kick in the *ss but I am starting to feel better between the treatments. I have 2 more to go. I got a little longer break this time. Next treatment starts after Oct. 13th. I miss my G-body but hopefully I will get another soon. I seen a late 80's malibu but it needs a lot of work and they want $1,500 for it. I can't do sh*t right now so we will wait and see.

pokertramp

G-Body Guru
Aug 10, 2008
Well I finished 4 rounds of chemo. Because the 2 spots that are there and the response to the chemo, they are doing at least 2 more rounds. One spot went from 3.5cm to 1.5cm and the other went from 1.5cm to 0.8cm,,,,quite a big reduction.

I go back in on November 30th and come home December 4th.....Then go in on December 21st and come home December 25th........not much of a christmas this year as I will come home around 4pm.

After that I go back to Boston and might have another lung surgery to remove the 2 spots, they could just continue the chemo and no surgery too, not sure yet. One chemo drug, the Adriamycin (doxarubicin) can only go to the 6 treatments as that is the limit. Any more than that and death can occur. I am still very close to death with this whole regimen anyway but whatever happens happens. Staying positive is key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor