Good car(s) for a high schooler in a hick town?

S-10

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Plus, a G Body with 6 teenagers in it in stock form won't go fast enough to get you in trouble.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
My Durango blew up in December my sophomore year of college at NDSU. I had to take my Cutlass to my apt. from home for a few weeks until winter break when I could fix it.

I had to pull the battery and let it sit inside my apt and put it back in the car every time I wanted to drive the car because a cammed and carbed 3.8 turbo wouldn't start with a cold battery below 5f. You might be able to get a very well running computer controlled carb 305 with a good starter and battery with all the flaps, diverter valves and stuff to start and run but good luck finding a car that so that stuff still exists on.

A cheap g body for the summer and winter when it's 20 or warmer is fine, but reliable transportation at 0f I wouldn't try. Heck a 94 rusty s10 is boarder line not fun.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I knew someone will say that. My rebuttal is that you're not trying hard enough. As my daughter's ice skate instructor said "If you don't fall, you're not trying". Eventually, you need to find the limits of your vehicle, and sometimes, those limits get exceeded.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Your choice - what ever floats your boat or is the better car.

1548765843487.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
that is strange coming from a guy who has gone through more front bumpers than an assembly line.....:mrgreen:
Fender (bumper) benders =/= wrecking a car. :p
Plus, both werent my fault. 1st one brakes went out, 2nd dumb *ss kid slammed on the brakes at a green.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Fender (bumper) benders =/= wrecking a car. :p
Plus, both werent my fault. 1st one brakes went out, 2nd dumb *ss kid slammed on the brakes at a green.

no need to attempt to trivialize your crack ups....I am only having fun with ya....;)

Reactions: 1 user

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
I'm going to have to go S10 as well. Mine is only an 80 or so I thought, no auto parts stores carry parts for them. Everything is order and have delivered. You are not going to get too far waiting on parts for a daily driver. The 70 chevelle, forget it. I might as well go in a parts store and tell them I have a space ship.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor