Good fitting small tube headers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
"Obviously a little more bump stick would be nice but no time soon for that".... if you are entertaining the idea of a possible camshaft change to a slightly better one later on, i would think going with the 1 5/8" headers would be the better choice, why choke off any possible HP gain with the smaller tubed headers, plan ahead i say.

Reactions: 1 user

LowBridge

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 14, 2022
100 percent aggree on that ~ torn betwwen this just being a 4 door cruiser..... and if that 267 went south someting with some nads would be a much more worthy transplant. But at near 20 mpg she'll serv as a daily driver just fine~ guess im just saying here's some back pressure little mouse ~

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
i had the hedman headers on a 400 sbc back in the day. the engine rebuilder recommended the headers per their new computer program that had just got and was playing with. never had a problem with them, even wrapped them. fit right in the engine bay with no dents, but they do hang below the frame a bit.

Reactions: 1 users

LowBridge

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 14, 2022
i had the hedman headers on a 400 sbc back in the day. the engine rebuilder recommended the headers per their new computer program that had just got and was playing with. never had a problem with them, even wrapped them. fit right in the engine bay with no dents, but they do hang below the frame a bit.
do you recall what the primary size was?

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Reactions: 1 user

LowBridge

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 14, 2022
Guess I need to just determine if Flowtech or Hedman give better ground clearance or no dif ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor