Goodbye. Probably my last post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bitchin'-Buick said:
Sorry to ask but you have nowhere to park it for 5 years or you just simply want to give up? I live in N.W. Ohio that has much less open land than Canada and you can get barn storage here for dirt cheap...........

Sounds like you already made up your mind tho and you will be like me in 5 years crying about the one you let go..... I easily forget about the girls, but not the cars!

Cheapest (indoor) storage for a car around here is around $150 a month.

lol, I'm still cryin' over 3 of the vehicles I have let go in the past. Sad thing is every time it's been because of a storage issue.

Pester friends, relatives, girlfriend's relatives, etc for a place to store it lol! Exhaust all options before throwing in the towel. The old saying, "where there's a will, there's a way", really has relevance. I've pulled more than one rabbit out of my *ss in my lifetime. If you have a vision you can make it happen. It just depends how bad you want it and how much trouble it's worth to you.

Well sh*t man, hate to say it but sounds like ya might be better off getting out of this hobby until your better situated. No shame in that. Can't be killing yourself over stress and wasting money because you have no place to keep it. That is one thing I've learned in my life, If I am gonna need a bunch of help to do something I'll wait until I do not need that help. I hate depending on others. Good luck with whichever direction you take.

ok well heres the best i can do for ya, i can load my tool box, drive there an have most of your issues fixed in a day, or drag your car to my place, free storage ill work on it here an it be sitting here when you can park it there, as for the valve covers i had the same prob awhile back, bought small covers and the rockers were hitting it where the divider bars were and where the inlets for pvc were, so had to get tall covers, problem solved, the eddy carb no worry i have 2 kits, jets, springs to get running, everything else is minor or sh*t man, you pay my gas and i will come, i got a few buds left in the hat that will come give me a hand if i need it

another idea there is a guy there lives on the hill by telus, bill is his name, big house on the hill, has a chev camper van out back, car hauler and his roundy round car, go see him, he is a greasy monger he works real cheap an he is buds with busy bee(ricky) ask ricky about him, he not papered mechanic but he knows his sh*t, he actually built me a motor a few years ago,, other then parts i bought he did everything even took it out and charged me 200 cash, plus a few boxes of beer he is decent guy, cant remember his number, his wife is angie, she does the tea reading thing look up angies tea readings, you get him that way or talk to some guys at the track, they all know him

thats about all i can give ya, rest is up to you, well ya know how to reach me if want my help, i will come down there no worry now stop sulking an get that damn car finished 😀

:mrgreen: YAY HELPING! :mrgreen:

lol @ Beer's help

on the parking note...
I've heard living costs are incredibly high in Alberta. There is a ton of land and lots of industries...

BUT
the whole classic car hobby and hotrodding business is still a rare concept here... Car storage is only now starting to become more familiar in large cities.
I still find it hard to find storage for my car here in Ottawa... but again, there's not much of a car scene here. I'm not surprised parking is around $150 a month

G-Body_Vet said:
He hasn't responded since the initial post.......

The key to sanity with a project car is not having to drive it until you can do it at your leisure.

I couldn't agree more. It's really tough to try to use your project car as your daily driver. I have been there before. :|

$150 a month to store a car thats not bad price come to Longisland,NY and see how much it cost here to get a storage to park a car.If you can afford it do it so you can keep your car and put it away when the weather is bad.

I would take Caperkev up on his generous offer of help. You can't go wrong.

Quote: by CAPERKEV on Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:20 am

ok well heres the best i can do for ya, i can load my tool box, drive there an have most of your issues fixed in a day, or drag your car to my place, free storage ill work on it here an it be sitting here when you can park it there, as for the valve covers i had the same prob awhile back, bought small covers and the rockers were hitting it where the divider bars were and where the inlets for pvc were, so had to get tall covers, problem solved, the eddy carb no worry i have 2 kits, jets, springs to get running, everything else is minor or sh*t man, you pay my gas and i will come, i got a few buds left in the hat that will come give me a hand if i need it

another idea there is a guy there lives on the hill by telus, bill is his name, big house on the hill, has a chev camper van out back, car hauler and his roundy round car, go see him, he is a greasy monger he works real cheap an he is buds with busy bee(ricky) ask ricky about him, he not papered mechanic but he knows his sh*t, he actually built me a motor a few years ago,, other then parts i bought he did everything even took it out and charged me 200 cash, plus a few boxes of beer he is decent guy, cant remember his number, his wife is angie, she does the tea reading thing look up angies tea readings, you get him that way or talk to some guys at the track, they all know him

thats about all i can give ya, rest is up to you, well ya know how to reach me if want my help, i will come down there no worry now stop sulking an get that damn car finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor