Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
Yes he mustve been. lol. Ive seen some dum stuff but that wouldve been the first for that one.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Jino

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 13, 2016
Also doing an LS swap in my 83 Monte Carlo. Tips on trans cooler lines?

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I have a 4l60e. What fittings? And how would i get my Speedo running right

Just google 4l60 trans cooler fittings. It depends on whether you're going to run an external trans cooler, or the cooler built into the radiator. Stock trans lines are sufficient.
On the speedo, if it's stock I'm not totally sure tbh. I will be running a 4L80E, but I have an Autometer electronic speedo which can be wired in to calibrate mph.

I'm sure other guys will chime in.

Jino

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 13, 2016
Just google 4l60 trans cooler fittings. It depends on whether you're going to run an external trans cooler, or the cooler built into the radiator. Stock trans lines are sufficient.
On the speedo, if it's stock I'm not totally sure tbh. I will be running a 4L80E, but I have an Autometer electronic speedo which can be wired in to calibrate mph.

I'm sure other guys will chime in.
I dont have any stock lines lol i sold my motor and trans 350/350 my zx6r and right testi to get the Ls swap going. Im taking my time. Thinking of also running a digital speedo like dakota digital. Just sent my harness and ecu into get programmed for my Cam and diff specs. Kind of just jumping around throwing parts at this thing.

Z48LT1

Greasemonkey
Oct 10, 2015
Space Coast, Florida
I'm pretty sure nobody actually answered motorheadmike's original question. It's a bear of a question, and there are only a zillion websites you have to read before you're actually ready to ask a question. Just figuring out which cars/trucks have aluminum blocks will make you crazy. I'm going to go way out on a limb and timidly ask a question about a donor.

My local Craigslist often has (mostly pickups/vans/Tahoes/etc) in the 1999-2007 range with less than 200K and nonfatal defects (bad trannys, blown head gaskets, runs with unknown engine noises, etc.) for $2500 or less. 4.8 to 6.0, 2WD or 4WD. Most have decent bodies and mechanical stuff in sellable shape. It seems to me the unmolested engine/trans with computer and wiring are well worth that kind of money for a Gen II swap with great potential.

Do I need to read another seventy-leven web sites before I ask for more help?

Cheers - Gary

Edit - I'm enough of an engineer to buy HP Tuner and do my own wiring.

Edit2 - My goal is 375 HP or whatever I can get without buying any third party sh*t that costs over $500.

Edit3 - Just to be clear, that $500 is for goodies; I'll spend whatever is needed to get the engine and transmission working properly. I'd anticipate getting whichever stock Gen III+ used valve train parts will meet my goal, for instance.

Last edited:

Jino

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 13, 2016
Question on LS Swap. 4l60e Transmission. What do i do about the shift linkage and setting it up to my car??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor