Grand National El Camino

Status
Not open for further replies.
White97,
Build your El Camino any way you what it! My trucklet will have a 78 Grand Am front clip and interior (for the most part!). I had a 78 Grand Am and liked everything about it except for two things! One, it had a back seat, and two it didn't have a cargo box :rofl: ! I've owned four El Camino's over the years. A 1964 (283/3-speed stick), a 1969 (350/4-speed stick), a 1978 (305/3-speed auto), and the El camino I have now is a 1980 (will be a 350/4-speed stick) that I've owned for 20 years.
IMO, most real "car people" will respect your ideas (even if they don't agree) and will help you when and if they can, and a few "pr--ks",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well, just own cars!

Doug

X2 what jlcustomz said!

redneckracer305 said:
DSCN1321.jpg

I'd love to know where he got that one-piece front air dam.

mechanic58 said:
^^ Excellent choice of drivetrain for that monstrosity you have there.

I can see it now - a crowd of people scratching their heads just trying to figure out wtf it IS - and then you open the hood. Before its over with even the most seasoned gearheads are left wondering whether or not they have completely missed out on the existence of some obscure model that GM once made and never told anyone about. LMFAO!!

I bet it hauls *ss. What gear you runnin?

Don't be a dick. You don't like el caminos then stay out of this section and keep your opinions to yourself.

CHRIS.O said:
mechanic58 said:
^^ Excellent choice of drivetrain for that monstrosity you have there.

I can see it now - a crowd of people scratching their heads just trying to figure out wtf it IS - and then you open the hood. Before its over with even the most seasoned gearheads are left wondering whether or not they have completely missed out on the existence of some obscure model that GM once made and never told anyone about. LMFAO!!

I bet it hauls *ss. What gear you runnin?
Don't be a dick. You don't like el caminos then stay out of this section and keep your opinions to yourself.

I don't think mechanic58 is trying to be offensive, his post shows he's got a pretty good sense of humor. :rofl:

I personally like the look of the GN front end on an El Camino. Heres a pic of one I found awhile ago on the net
gncamino.jpg

I know that if I could find an El Camino in good shape I would build one just like the pic. I would swap all the front end peices and the entire driveline from my other T type onto the Camino. It is most definatly different.

Chris

man i hate to call mechic58 a fellow texan.... how can you live in tx and not like the elcamino??
hope i never see his pos in the tyler area as i can attest there is 5 elcaminos that will teach him a much needed lesson in manners..... hmmmm 4 flat tires and all new glass should end his bitterness against our beloved trucks.. cheers

suffrn6 said:
I personally like the look of the GN front end on an El Camino. Heres a pic of one I found awhile ago on the net
gncamino.jpg

I know that if I could find an El Camino in good shape I would build one just like the pic. I would swap all the front end peices and the entire driveline from my other T type onto the Camino. It is most definatly different.

Chris
i agree it does look nice.. ive been contiplating on doin a regal front end swap on y 81 malibu...maybe on another malibu project not my current car

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor