Grand National El Camino

Status
Not open for further replies.
307 Regal said:
redneckracer305 said:
DSCN1321.jpg

I'd love to know where he got that one-piece front air dam.

That front spoiler is available thru gbodyparts. It is the factory spoiler for the 84-85 GN. HTH

Chris

Slam a G body - ON THIS WEBSITE? - are you crazy?

I took this pic a couple hours ago:
n3u55c.jpg

redneckracer305 said:
havent posted on here in a while, but i posted pictures of this little creation the shop my brother works at did a couple of years ago. no gn/t type drivetrain though, the guy who had it done has gnx clone and t type though. it was created using an el camino and a regal combined with off the shelf parts.

DSCN1325.jpg

DSCN1321.jpg

It really depends how far you want to go with it. you could just bolt the front clip on and the doors and just blend the quarters to make the body lines flow. if you want to mess with people and have it look almost identical to a gn from a distance, do what my shop did on this one.we tried to go for the exerimental 1of 1 look, a what if car i guess. there was no work really from the doors forward, just bolt the parts on. the el camino has a longer wheel base (somewhere around 11inch difference, dont qoute me its been awhile)so we took two regal quarters per side to get the lines. the roof and qaurter window overhang the bed a little bit , we made a larger rear dash peice.basically the bed floor is all stock. the tailgate is the stock elky gate skinned with regal taillights bolted to it and custom hinges and the rear 8inches or so of a trunklid w/ a gn spoiler. i will say the quarters and bed required alot of measuring and fabrication to make it look right. dont be scared to cut it up! it's only metal, you can put it back. and i dont know where some of the parts came from, i believe it was a place that specialized in just grand nationals and gnx's.

Thread cleaned up and the people trolling this thread have been made aware....keep it clean, keep it civil, and if you don't like the car/project, keep it to yourself (unless of course you can add constructive criticism without being insulting; constructive is the key word here)

67rstbkt said:
Thread cleaned up and the people trolling this thread have been made aware....keep it clean, keep it civil, and if you don't like the car/project, keep it to yourself (unless of course you can add constructive criticism without being insulting; constructive is the key word here)
Thank You, Is there any way we can vote , To get oneowner88 off here for good ?

tc1959 said:
67rstbkt said:
Thank You, Is there any way we can vote , To get oneowner88 off here for good ?
I 2nd and 3rd this notion!

so the whole front clip will just bolt on with out having to do a whole lot of modding i read that article on the other gn elco and it was talking like they had to graft the fenders on to the elco ones and cut on the hood an stuff all things that i am confident me and some buddys can do it would just b a hell of a lot easier to bolt it on an prep for paint. Also wanna run this by as a poll i like the gloss black but i want it to be one of those cars ur like holy F**K that is mean so i was thinkn flat or like satin finish so in yalls opinion Gloss Flat or Satin?

I saw one of these at a car show years ago. It was at Summer Nationals in Worcester, Ma. It was complete with GN drivetrain, interior and exterior. It looked bad *ss and would love to have one or build one. I like things that are different. Ill dig through my old pictures(before I had a digital camera) and see if I have any of it. It sure was nice.

Satin :twisted:

White97 said:
so the whole front clip will just bolt on with out having to do a whole lot of modding i read that article on the other gn elco and it was talking like they had to graft the fenders on to the elco ones and cut on the hood an stuff all things that i am confident me and some buddys can do it would just b a hell of a lot easier to bolt it on an prep for paint. Also wanna run this by as a poll i like the gloss black but i want it to be one of those cars ur like holy F**K that is mean so i was thinkn flat or like satin finish so in yalls opinion Gloss Flat or Satin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor