Grand National Seat

Status
Not open for further replies.

leefybeaver

Apprentice
Jul 23, 2012
Canada
Hey Experts...
I have had the seat shown in the pictures in my garage for a while now. I have assumed all along that it is for a GN. It's a passenger seat and is in real good shape, just some fading on the side which I'm sure can be died again and made to look good as new. I have also come to the conclusion that I'm never going to use it in my car with a blue interior..so it's time to sell. I have had someone locally ask me how much I want for it...problem is I don't know what it's worth. I tried eBay but nothing there right now...just seat covers to the tune several hundred dollars. So whats it worth. I don't want to rake anyone over the coals for it, but don't want to sell myself short and see it for sale again next week! I'd like to see it put to good use bringing a G-Body back to life.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0678.JPG
    IMG_0678.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 329
  • IMG_0679.JPG
    IMG_0679.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,092
  • IMG_0680.JPG
    IMG_0680.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 354
  • IMG_0681.JPG
    IMG_0681.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 259
  • IMG_0682.JPG
    IMG_0682.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 273
Do you mind if I ask you where you're located in Canada? That could be a factor in how quickly you could sell the seat, and what kind of money you could expect to get for it. I'm near Toronto in southern Ontario, and here, prices for parts like that can vary, depending on what people are looking for, and what they want to spend. Do you just have the one seat? As a rule, its generally easier to sell items like that as a pair. Judging by the photos that you've posted, the seat looks to be in pretty good shape, and it does have the seat track on it, which will be a plus for some people. In my opinion, around here anyway, I would say that an asking price of $100.00-$125.00CDN would be reasonable. As I said before though, items like that tend to sell easier and more quickly as a pair. Hope your sale goes well.

I'm not so sure it's from a gn. If it was it should have the 6 emblem on the headrest.

• Agree
Reactions: Texas82GP
Do you mind if I ask you where you're located in Canada? That could be a factor in how quickly you could sell the seat, and what kind of money you could expect to get for it. I'm near Toronto in southern Ontario, and here, prices for parts like that can vary, depending on what people are looking for, and what they want to spend. Do you just have the one seat? As a rule, its generally easier to sell items like that as a pair. Judging by the photos that you've posted, the seat looks to be in pretty good shape, and it does have the seat track on it, which will be a plus for some people. In my opinion, around here anyway, I would say that an asking price of $100.00-$125.00CDN would be reasonable. As I said before though, items like that tend to sell easier and more quickly as a pair. Hope your sale goes well.

I am in Saskatoon...but moved out here from BC a few years ago so I'm still getting my bearings for who has what in the used car world. If a guy wanted to find an old 50's pickup to build this is definitely the place to find them! Also picked up a 6.0L for a nice price too.

Reactions: Longroof79
Looks like that is from a T type regal? and looks to be in great condition. Have you tried to sell it on turbobuick.com or craiglist (kijiji for you)? I couple years ago i saved a set of the ultra rare Lear Seagler GN seats from the crusher (found them at Ryan's Pick a Part in downtown Detroit) and sold them very quickly. I recently sold a set of power reclining buckets from a 87' 442 for $400 but they were in worse condition than yours. I would start at $250 plus shipping. The fact that good used G body parts can't easily be found in the salvage yard anymore is driving prices up, especially in the last year.

http://www.turbobuick.com/threads/84-gn-lear-siegler-seats-for-sale.372959/

%252521B71Mu3gBmk~%252524%252528KGrHqQOKpgEy%25252BjCyS%25252C1BM1ZLttBHg~~0_1__39293.1416966994.600.600.JPG

Looks like that is from a T type regal? and looks to be in great condition. Have you tried to sell it on turbobuick.com or craiglist (kijiji for you)? I couple years ago i saved a set of the ultra rare Lear Seagler GN seats from the crusher (found them at Ryan's Pick a Part in downtown Detroit) and sold them very quickly. I recently sold a set of power reclining buckets from a 87' 442 for $400 but they were in worse condition than yours. I would start at $250 plus shipping. The fact that good used G body parts can't easily be found in the salvage yard anymore is driving prices up, especially in the last year.

http://www.turbobuick.com/threads/84-gn-lear-siegler-seats-for-sale.372959/

%252521B71Mu3gBmk~%252524%252528KGrHqQOKpgEy%25252BjCyS%25252C1BM1ZLttBHg~~0_1__39293.1416966994.600.600.JPG
I haven't advertised it yet...was thinking of maybe turning it into a chair for the movie room! But also trying to raise the funds to finish up my car and or start the 6.0L swap. Thanks for the feedback.

A complete set of nice front and rear seats with no wear or rips with seat tracks is a $450-550 set to the right buyer. You only have the one seat. I'm also not sure that it isn't a recovered seat as stated above.

I wonder if it could have come out of one of the fwd lesabre gns that had that same pattern upholstery.

To me, $100 us, maybe $150 if you got lucky and wanted to wait a while until a buyer came along would be doing good.

It's not often someone buys just the one seat due to different fading and not matching the other seat, even more so if that IS a recovered one. And of the sides one would want just one of, the passenger isn't likely it since they get so much less wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor