Grand National Vs modded C5 corvette

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenaciousvirgil

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 11, 2010
hi you guys will get a kick out of this. My grand national is decent fast nothing crazy its got a 350 not sure Hp but anyways. I just got my car back from the trans shop and Pulled up next to my boss in his C5 (it has heads and cam dynamo at 433 rwhp)

First light Just waste him off the line. He forgot his traction Control on.
Next light we line up again, I timed it perfect Got an awesome jump. His window was open and couldn't hear his tires spinning because of my loud exhaust. Wasted him again!! :D

Best part of all was the kid who I bought my car from (because he was broke) Was sitting at the corner HA!

MR442

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2010
Back woods Central PA
Hey I believe it .. Every one puts down 307 but I smoked a SS v8 equipped SUV with my 86 442 . He had the power but some the added Pounds .
I think He could have ate the $30000 + payment book when He found out it was a lowly 307.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
tenaciousvirgil said:
hi you guys will get a kick out of this. My grand national is decent fast nothing crazy its got a 350 not sure Hp but anyways. I just got my car back from the trans shop and Pulled up next to my boss in his C5 (it has heads and cam dynamo at 433 rwhp)

First light Just waste him off the line. He forgot his traction Control on.
Next light we line up again, I timed it perfect Got an awesome jump. His window was open and couldn't hear his tires spinning because of my loud exhaust. Wasted him again!! :D

Best part of all was the kid who I bought my car from (because he was broke) Was sitting at the corner HA!

So you're saying that you've got a 350 in your Grand National? :|

tenaciousvirgil

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 11, 2010
yeah, Its got a 350 in it . Someone prior owner built it. I got super lucky wasting that vette but it was so awesome.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
Well, congrats on the win

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
R/T kota said:
Why would someone put a 350 in a GN? :doh:

My thoughts exactly

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Someone who probably wasted the turbo or blew the motor

tenaciousvirgil

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 11, 2010
Don't get me wrong a part of me wishes I had an all original GN, But on the other hand If it was I would baby so much I don't think I would enjoy it as much.
This is my first real project car and It definitely needs some work, I am not so scarred to pull apart and replace stuff with aftermarket instead of spending big $$$ on all original stuff. and screwing up an original.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor