Grand National Vs modded C5 corvette

Status
Not open for further replies.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
No point to go all original on it since you don't have the original motor anyway. Wouldn't hurt to try and piece together another v6 turbo. But then again everyone expects there to be turbo v6 under that hood, so be different.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
patmckinneyracing said:
No point to go all original on it since you don't have the original motor anyway. Wouldn't hurt to try and piece together another v6 turbo. But then again everyone expects there to be turbo v6 under that hood, so be different.

True. I wish I could find a Grand National w/everything original except the engine so I could swap this 455 over into it. Then I could build an Olds 455 for my Cutlass.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
patmckinneyracing said:
Bro, we weren't bashing you...just all thinking :wtf: , why would someone do that to a Grand National is all...BUt then again it is a G Body...............Like Pat was saying, Everyone thinks there's a V-6 in there.BTW, must be a pretty stout 350 to get the nudge on that vette":)

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
I wasn't taking anything offensive. I thought the same as you guys when he said the 350 comment. At the same time, made me think of the old saying "dare to be different".

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
Money is the probable answer. If you grenade a Buick turbo V6 its not as easily and cheaply replaced as throwing a sbc that someone probably had laying around. The flip side is the car is not worth as much either. Most people will ask you that question forever when you say you have a GN. It would be simpler to just say you have a black Regal as you really don't have a GN anymore as the heart is gone.

2fit661ca

Master Mechanic
Nov 16, 2009
Fairfield, IA
As dumbas it might make me look and as many people would bash it, i'd pull a motor out of an 88 to 91 lesabre, drop it in and turbo it. it's more durible and reliable anyways.... or so i've heard. The LeSabre T-Type was suppossed to be turbo anyways, just that the transmission couldn't handle it. stupid 4T60-E

tenaciousvirgil

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 11, 2010
oh.. I wasn't offended just explaining about my car. I am sure it happened just as (dogshit) put it, the motor prob blew and they had one sitting around.

I ran a carfax on it kinda interesting went from Florida to Chicago to MN then to me. I wish I could contact the person who built it to see what internals the engine has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor