BUILD THREAD Grand prix LS1 build

Status
Not open for further replies.

xodruxo

Apprentice
Feb 21, 2010
Denver, Dollarado
You would get it finished and running while im out of town on vacation... lol, but hey whatever works... and now that yours is up and running, mines is down and out without a motor in it... lmao. Hope all is well its nice to see it with plates on it fella mines is up next when i get back....

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
yeah! I specifically waited for you to leave town... :lol: even took it to sonics car show tonight... :wink: AFTER I fixed the left side axle bearing and seal, I found a big puddle of gear oil... Damn bearing pushed out of the axle tube spilling oil all over the rear brakes!. The bearing spun in the tube from I gather. After looking it over the bearing was good still but the seal got grinded down filling the diff with metal shavings.. I drained the diff of the contaminated oil and removed the axle bearing and seal. I could put install the bearing and remove by hand, I called a local rear end repair shop, and the first question was "where did you buy the bearings?'" I replied "oreilly's and he quickly said cheap Chinese crap... :| Anyways ran to his shop picked up a OG GM bearing and seal for 13 bucks I did take the old bearing and he measured the old vs new and found a .005 of a difference!! went home and installed it and fit the way it should have!! so pics of it at the sonics!!
20130726_202748_zps8fa421c7.jpg

20130726_202721_zps1d5326ee.jpg

xodruxo

Apprentice
Feb 21, 2010
Denver, Dollarado
Oh damn, that sucked good thing you found it before it was too late and the whole axel took a dump on the road... so I bet you had eyes and mouths gasping when you poppdd the hood haha. I noticed you would be parked by a corvette lol. Bet it was jealous... but looking good bud.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
Dru, I did have a few guys come over and give me kudos :wink: and parking next to the vette was just a fluke... and for the paint I think i'm sticking to factory colors and graphics, want it looking somewhat stock nothing flashy, might try matching the lower gray to the rims to match but still haven't made a decision. I know what I do want is getting my exhaust redone ASAP!! I have a set of stainless steel headers from a f body I may try :mrgreen: and thanks Jasonl!! :mrgreen:

GBoDYon4s

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2013
So,CA.
Yes the stock look is going to be nice and classy,but that LS and exhaust are going to be mean and beefy great job

JasonL

Greasemonkey
May 8, 2012
There is a GP that looks just like yours sitting in a driveway by work that I have been looking at for 3 years. Yours makes me want to stop and ask if he will sell it hahaha.

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
congrats on the maiden voyage!!! damnit i did not know you were in colorado,i was just over there(arvada)visiting some inlaws :roll: i would have loved to see your gp and get some pointers for my ls1 and ls2 i have on engine stands waiting to go in my SS and k5 blazer :wink: nehoo looking GREAT and looking forward to the rest of your build!!! 8)

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
gbody on24's i am hoping to extract some hp..lol!

JasonL said:
There is a GP that looks just like yours sitting in a driveway by work that I have been looking at for 3 years. Yours makes me want to stop and ask if he will sell it hahaha.

Thanks! do it GP's are the red headed step child of the g body fam so that is why I had the motivation to make it one of the baddest GP in the state.. :D

L.A.X-RATED said:
congrats on the maiden voyage!!! damnit i did not know you were in colorado,i was just over there(arvada)visiting some inlaws :roll: i would have loved to see your gp and get some pointers for my ls1 and ls2 i have on engine stands waiting to go in my SS and k5 blazer :wink: nehoo looking GREAT and looking forward to the rest of your build!!! 8)

Damn really? i would have loved to provide any tips along with some "liquid" refreshments.....maybe next time! :D If i were you put the LS2 in the SS and the ls1 in the blazer :mrgreen: Don't get me wrong the ls1 is great but kinda expected more... which i'll fix by modding the ls1 till it blows! 8) i'm gonna take it to the drag strip next week and see what it does bone stock then start modding... :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor