BUILD THREAD Grand prix LS1 build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks great, the wheels look great too. I love me some fuel injection, I have been converting my olds cars to FI, love it.

Thanks guys! it's nice to get it started up in couple cranks of the starter, fuel economy is good but power is great with room to grow!! the wheels, brakes, and suspension also make it cool! though it still has a few door rattles that SUCK!! :? Oh and the redone headliner adhesive seems to have lost it's stickiness.. and the steering linkage needs to be replaced... oh it never ends... :shock:

Not much of an update BUT I picked up a 02 LQ4.. 8)
20130922_215300_zps61e9525a.jpg

20130922_215357_zpsff744377.jpg

20130923_144816_zpsf794fc30.jpg

20130923_144822_zps71c4784c.jpg

I tore it down and the top end was in awesome shape!! BUT the lower end had a spun bearing! :| I did manage to pick it up for 200 bucks so it wasn't a total waste. I am thinking of doing a 402 with a standard bore or do a 408 with oversized pistons and a stroker crank.. MAN I have been researching so much my hurts!! :lol: I am torn in replacing the ls1 5.7 OR buying a whole new project to install this new engine in once it's done.. I want more torque and HP and from what I gather I could get 450+ using factory parts and more if using aftermarket. I am kinda using this tech article from Car craft but plan on keeping it efi if I replace the ls1 in my GP.
part 1
http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/cc ... ewall.html
part 2
http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/cc ... ewall.html

Thanks! I kinda want to make it a mean SOB.. :evil: which of course means I have to redo some stuff to handle the higher HP... oh well comes with the territory. :wink:

LS engines are nice. should be a nice ride once you get the conversion going. 😀

Nice score one the LQ4, cant go wrong with them for the price. Definitely a good starting point for some serious power with the iron block. Shouldnt be hard to get to the 500hp+ mark with the right cam and a better set of factory heads 243s or l92 are a couple good choices. Keep up the good work!

OldBlue82 said:
Nice score one the LQ4, cant go wrong with them for the price. Definitely a good starting point for some serious power with the iron block. Shouldnt be hard to get to the 500hp+ mark with the right cam and a better set of factory heads 243s or l92 are a couple good choices. Keep up the good work!

Thanks! Biggest issue is deciding to go turbo or n/a? part of me wants a turbo but it's $$ vs a n/a build which is plain bad *ss! 8) really want to keep it manual shifted but afraid of breaking a lot of parts.... the thought of build a turbo 408 is plain sick! part of me wants to do a basic h/c/I along with rear gears on my GP and buy another g body to install this 408. If I do the 243 heads I need to keep it as close to looking to a ls1 damn smog inspections!, so the l92 heads along with intake would look a bit different then the ls1 that is in there.. :lol: or I could keep the 317 heads for the turbo build.. frankly i'm tired of researching for now... really wanting to buy a 78-80 Malibu, too bad i'm broke till next year! gonna commit to either building another G body or building this GP to it's fullest potential!! ideas?

No major updates for now but since it was nice weather this weekend, I hooked up the battery and took it around the block! MAN nothing makes you feel like a million bucks shifting gears and some horsie's.. 8) I even let my buddie's take a spin!. of course it came with the you crash you buy line.. :wink: But damn it felt good! rekindles the spirit to build it more.. SO for now the 408 stroker is gonna be put on the back burner.. this year imma concentrate on getting it tuned, headers and exhaust, cam, 4:10 gears, ls6 intake, and clutch... I'm might get my part time job again and even get it painted!! :mrgreen: what do you guys think?, stock colors or a gun metal gray?? here it is taking off at a mildly pace , http://s387.photobucket.com/user/netoch ... o.mp4.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor