Grandpa Car: 1979 Cutlass Thread

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Maybe you should call your dad and have him buy it for you!
I considered that but I've been asking him for a lot of favors lately. Don't want to run that well dry;). This is a want, not a need. If it works out, cool. If not, no biggie. Car runs just fine as it is.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I considered that but I've been asking him for a lot of favors lately. Don't want to run that well dry;). This is a want, not a need. If it works out, cool. If not, no biggie. Car runs just fine as it is.

start a gofundme page for your adadicktome operation.....:)

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Cwc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 27, 2017
Ive just finished reading you build thread,very nice work.very cool car.

Reactions: 1 user

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Started hoarding for the next phase...

The seller cracked the block in his jet boat and bought a 455 to replace it then ended up using almost all the boat stuff with the replacement block.
-G heads with screw in studs and Comp Cams guide plates. Supposedly need new valve guides.
-Crappy chrome Milodon valve covers
-Lunati Voodoo 282/290 cam and lifters
-Comp Cams roller rockers
-Edelbrock Performer intake
-Standard rod/main crank
-Std bore pistons on rods
-2nd set of almost new SpeedPro .030 pistons
-Timing cover, balancer, slinger, water pump, hardware, etc.
-A starter, alternator, distributor, oil pump, some brackets.
-He had a Milodon oil pan and pick-up but sold it before I got there. He also offered me the cracked block but I declined.

Small shower as I got home. Unloaded under a double rainbow. It's an Idaho Christmas miracle.

• Winner
Reactions: 12 users

Cwc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 27, 2017
Good score,455 cubic inch?. I would still love to hear that exhaust on your 305 before you yank it

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Yeah, 455. Felt too good to pass up for the price. Aftermarket parts alone put me at about 10 cents on the dollar with all the factory parts, including heads, thrown in for free.
I'm still planning on a 425 but this pile gives me a real head start on a 455 if I decided to go that route.
I know I said I'd try you get you a sound clip. Been out of the country for a couple weeks and still playing catch up. I haven't forgotten.

Reactions: 1 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Thank you, and thanks for following along.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor