Gray Man, Inc.

1983calais

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2015
Tiffin, OH
I'll run the 20A idea past the electrician and get his thought.
I agree 100%. I have wired many many shops for people. Commercial and residential. (I am a journeyman electrician by the way). I never install anything less than a 20 amp circuit. 15 amp may get by, but it’s not any more work to put in 20 amp circuits, so go for the 20. A little extra cost in wire but it’s worth it. Put plenty of circuits in for tools, a refrigerator, and just in case you like to have get togethers, roaster pans use some juice! Good luck with your project!

Reactions: 5 users

WanaBa442

G-Body Guru
Aug 5, 2017
New England
Your rafters have no tails?? And the top plate is the exterior rafter tie?
How do you plan to deal with roof runoff to get it away from the footings?
No snow load in your area looking at the spacing too.
Watching your build, that's about the size I'd like to end up with.

Reactions: 3 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Pretty typical pole barn construction around here. We don't get much snow pack in the valley, just a few inches at a time. I'll either add gutters or I won't. Surprising number that don't have them around here -- my last house didn't. We really don't get much rain either. It's high desert and the only reason things grow is all the irrigation.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Pintos could explode if rear-ended...the gas tanks would split open. Sounds like new cars can throw a small fireball if you plow into somebody just right...

Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
Well I'm jealous! Congrats man, that looks like a really awesome setup. I agree 100% on the 20A breakers. I don't have 240V in my garage but I have the outlets wired on 3 separate 20 amp breakers and I've never have any trouble tripping breakers.

Reactions: 2 users

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
So, when is the Pole Barn Warming Party? :D

Maybe I could get my Takata airbag replaced at the same time!

-Gonz

• Haha
Nov 4, 2012
I heard he booked the Miller Lite girls and he was flying us all in on his dime! What a guy, I'll tell ya!

• Haha
  • Optimistic

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
I heard he booked the Miller Lite girls and he was flying us all in on his dime! What a guy, I'll tell ya!

I'd suffer thru miller lite, just for him.. :sneaky:

Actually, it sounds like something I would do if I hit the lottery.

"Ok, heres your plane ticket, heres the engine parts you requested, tools are over there... Aaaaaaaaand GO!"

:LOL:

-Gonz

• Haha

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor