Gray Man, Inc.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
They worked a short day today. Framing is as finished as can be. They brought in the road mix and prepped it for concrete.

The end was left open so the cement truck could pull straight in but it'll be framed and covered. It's not another door.

Reactions: 10 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Not much progress in the last week. We had a little rain and snow but it's all dried out now. Probably get concrete tomorrow or Friday.
20200212_142708.jpg

Reactions: 8 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Rain happened and concrete didn't. There were some tree branches that were either close to or overhanging the roof that I didn't like. I trimmed what I could but there were 4 fatties that I wanted backup for so I asked my dad to help out this afternoon. A couple came down easy but we still managed to drop one on the framing and break a 2x6. I guess better now than after the tin is up.

The 4 big ones were 10-12" in diameter and 40-60' long and most were some really heavy cottonwood variant. There's a huge pile left for me to cut and stack then burn the branches. I've got a ton of tree work to get done.

Reactions: 5 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Not much to report for last week. A two man crew came and dug out the footers for the hoist and buried the plumbing. I was told that concrete was scheduled for Thursday but nobody showed up. Weather forecast for next week looks beautiful so there really should be no excuse not to see progress.

Reactions: 9 users
Nov 4, 2012
Looks great. I cant remember, were you going to put a bathroom in there?

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Yeah, eventually. 6x8 in the NW corner with a shower to also service the RV spot where the old house was. I probably won't finish it for a while though as I have a couple other areas to spend money that take priority.

Reactions: 2 users
Nov 4, 2012
Yeah, eventually. 6x8 in the NW corner with a shower to also service the RV spot where the old house was. I probably won't finish it for a while though as I have a couple other areas to spend money that take priority.

Ok, I was going to suggest a shower, or at least putting provisions for one in place before you pour the floor. The shower may sound silly to some but it'll keep your house a lot cleaner and your wife a lot happier.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I guess I'm just lucky. My wife doesn't hassle me much about anything.

Spent another 5 hours down there today trimming trees and cutting wood. Non stop motorcycle traffic on the highway. That's probably what I should have been doing today. My priorities are all ****ed up.

Reactions: 3 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I guess I'm just lucky. My wife doesn't hassle me much about anything.

Spent another 5 hours down there today trimming trees and cutting wood. Non stop motorcycle traffic on the highway. That's probably what I should have been doing today. My priorities are all ****ed up.
I dunno, I'd take getting the shop sorted over riding any day. Plenty more nice days coming anyways. Get the work in while you can

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Hadn't heard anything from the builder in a while so I called him for an update first thing this morning. Apparently he spent a week in the hospital with pneumonia so he's playing catch-up now. We'll see.

I started 2nd guessing the hoist and decided I'd be more comfortable with a beefier footer so I opened them up and then added an additional 1' perimeter for an extra 4" of thickness there.

It may not make any real difference but I'll sleep better. Other than that, no new news.

Reactions: 5 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor