Gray Man, Inc.

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Tell her NOOOO!

I lived just outside for most of my life. 10-15 years ago it was pretty fun. It's a woke lefty shithole now.
she can always move down here to the woke righty 3-ring circus government in my town. I'm tired of dealing with those clowns and can't wait to move out of the capitol. been here 27 yrs but the last 25 have just gotten worse every year

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
When I bought my last 3 fruit trees I asked the lady if they had any grape starts or knew of some place local where I could get some. She told me that I wouldn't find any. I said no problem, I'll just mail order them. She told me no one would ship them here. Apparently the Idaho Department of Agriculture has banned the sale and import of several things. She named grapes, hops, potatoes, and onions specifically. So right across the river from me is hundreds of acres of grapes -- I'm just not allowed to grow my own. A couple miles to the north are thousands of acres of hops -- I'm just not allowed to grow my own. Etc... I didn't waste any time fact checking her, I just handled it. Had a job in northern Montana yesterday and stopped in Lewiston for a not-so-quick CL transaction. 20 starts of 4 different varieties. The seller shared about an hour of his knowledge before I was able to extricate myself and get back on the road. Supervibe did 1138 miles in 2 days.

Reactions: 8 users

WanaBa442

G-Body Guru
Aug 5, 2017
New England
When I bought my last 3 fruit trees I asked the lady if they had any grape starts or knew of some place local where I could get some. She told me that I wouldn't find any. I said no problem, I'll just mail order them. She told me no one would ship them here. Apparently the Idaho Department of Agriculture has banned the sale and import of several things. She named grapes, hops, potatoes, and onions specifically. So right across the river from me is hundreds of acres of grapes -- I'm just not allowed to grow my own. A couple miles to the north are thousands of acres of hops -- I'm just not allowed to grow my own. Etc... I didn't waste any time fact checking her, I just handled it. Had a job in northern Montana yesterday and stopped in Lewiston for a not-so-quick CL transaction. 20 starts of 4 different varieties. The seller shared about an hour of his knowledge before I was able to extricate myself and get back on the road. Supervibe did 1138 miles in 2 days.
Bootlegging wine before it's in the bottle!
Nicely played!

Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
20220505_125042.jpg

It's called the Owyhee Sphinx but I think it looks like a chicken.

Reactions: 5 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Just like everywhere else in the country lately, the weather here has been...off. As luck would have it, it's been raining a lot when I'm home. As soon as I leave town it seems to dry out and get sunny. As such, my outside tasks are behind schedule. Today I finally managed to get the dirt work done by the ditch and canal. All smoothed out now.

I got a nice access pushed through so the tractor (and eventually sheep) can bypass the canal on the south end while being inside the fence. I'll trim the trees on both sides later.

Then I mowed everything. There's more weeds than grass and it was all almost knee high.

My little fruit trees are hard to see in the photo, but they're there.

These 4 little lilacs were grown from starts from lilacs we had planted at the old house. They lived in pots until last summer and I was nervous they wouldn't make it because they were so scraggly. They're thriving now and almost 2' tall. There are 2 white ones that came from cuttings from my wife's great grandmother. The other 2 are purple and my mom started the parent bush from a cutting out of my grandma's yard in the early 70s. Not sure if it means they're 5 years or 5 decades old.

Anyway, the mix of rain and sun has made the weeds explode. Unfortunately it's been really breezy so I can't spray. Maybe next weekend.

Reactions: 6 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I won't waste time updating the Reaper thread because there's really nothing to update. I visited my brother's shop when I was working in Portland a couple weeks ago and it hasn't been touched since it's arrival last November. I didn't even mention it. When I got back into town my dad asked me if I saw him, then he asked for a status update. I told him. Anyway, he rattled my brother's cage but it probably won't get any attention until later in the summer...maybe.

Well, that apparently didn't sit well with him. He bought that '37 in hopes that the 3 of us would cruise them together. My brother's is a driver and mine's nowhere close. So, the old man decided to sell. I got a text this morning that he was out of town for the weekend and if I wanted to drive it, I better go over and do it before Monday because he thinks he has it sold. I backed it our of the shop to snap these quick photos but didn't drive it anywhere.

• Sad
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I won't waste time updating the Reaper thread because there's really nothing to update. I visited my brother's shop when I was working in Portland a couple weeks ago and it hasn't been touched since it's arrival last November. I didn't even mention it. When I got back into town my dad asked me if I saw him, then he asked for a status update. I told him. Anyway, he rattled my brother's cage but it probably won't get any attention until later in the summer...maybe.

Well, that apparently didn't sit well with him. He bought that '37 in hopes that the 3 of us would cruise them together. My brother's is a driver and mine's nowhere close. So, the old man decided to sell. I got a text this morning that he was out of town for the weekend and if I wanted to drive it, I better go over and do it before Monday because he thinks he has it sold. I backed it our of the shop to snap these quick photos but didn't drive it anywhere.

You guys go through a lot of nice vintage iron.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor