Gray Man, Inc.

Yes, 8' and 16' doors. Garage is 30'x36'. I'd describe it as a deep 3.5 car garage. If I were to build it again I'd go 36'x40' and it'd be a 6+ car garage.

Yes, 8' and 16' doors. Garage is 30'x36'. I'd describe it as a deep 3.5 car garage. If I were to build it again I'd go 36'x40' and it'd be a 6+ car garage.

Funny, the attached garage I'm planning is a 30x36 as well. Far end bay will be my shop space until I can get a pole barn up.

I'm definitely not complaining. It's ridiculous by garage standards. But if it doesn't cost much more, I'd recommend going a bit bigger.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm definitely not complaining. It's ridiculous by garage standards. But if it doesn't cost much more, I'd recommend going a bit bigger.

I really only need to stuff 3 cars inside and be able to open doors and walk around without shuffling. I think I would go bigger if I weren't also planning a 40x60 pole barn I have yet to price materials for. Do you have any car shop space in addition to the garage? I'm making it 30' deep to match the house, wanting the roof to be a single plane for the whole thing to minimize build complexity and chances for leaks since yours truly is gonna be swinging the hammer.

🤣🤣🤣

Yeah. The thread literally started covering my 36x48 pole barn build.

The 30' deep is great for 1 car plus some junk stacked in front . The extra few feet would give room to stack two cars deep. Grab a tape measure and check your rides.

🤣🤣🤣

Yeah. The thread literally started covering my 36x48 pole barn build.

The 30' deep is great for 1 car plus some junk stacked in front . The extra few feet would give room to stack two cars deep. Grab a tape measure and check your rides.

Oh yeah, derr. This thread's been kicking a while now and covers quite a bit. The way I see it, I ought to be able to shove a car sideways in there over the winter plus the 3 in there normally. Because I'm banking on the pole barn I don't see the need for the attached to be bigger. Plus there's going to be a lean to off the end of the garage to tuck the plow truck under. But I do value input from those who've been there done that. After all, the more room you have the more crap you amass.

So I stayed home and did chores. Yesterday I cleared out the garage and pressure washed the floor for the first time since I moved in. Cutlass fired right up and ran like a champ. Can't even remember the last time I started it -- probably last fall sometime. Everything is put away and cleaned up. I'm embarrassed about how bad I let it get.View attachment 223126
question: I see you have sheetrock walls in the garage. how do you prevent the walls from getting soaked with all the moisture during pressure washing?

Some did get wet. It was 80 degrees and dried up pretty quickly.

You guys like long pic-heavy posts followed by more of the same? Buckle up, it going to be a long one.

Just got back from riding the IDBDR. That's primarily offroad for the length of Idaho, from Nevada to Canadia. We had conflicting odometer readings at the end, but it was right around 1600 miles total over parts of 8 days.

Day 1 everyone met at my house and we rode 2-lane road to Wild Horse Reservoir. We were too excited to leave and didn't get a group shot at the beginning so this is the first shot.

Forecast high was 107 for the day and we eventually saw that. Mormon crickets were on the move and thick too. At Wild Horse we hit gravel and were headed to Jarbidge. There was a well documented Jeep trail called Purple Pancakes Fly at Midnight and it connects forest service road to the west side of town. It was mostly uneventful...at first. I found Christine buried in the river bank.

We were a little over half way in when we hit a pretty rutted hillclimb section. I was on my blue TW and clawed my way past the rough stuff and waited about an eighth mile up. There was no shade. Marc followed me up a few minutes later on his DRZ but said Jerod was having trouble with his old XL500 boiling fuel. We waited about 30 minutes and watched from a distance as Jerod and my brother struggle to get the XL going. It would stall, wheelie, or dig a hole. Finally my brother rode up and told us that Jerod was exhausted and resting. The hill was steep and his gear was heavy and too far back, making it hard to keep the front wheel planted. I tossed off all my gear and rode to the bottom, planning to haul his up. We finally got me loaded and situated and made another run. He was about 1/2 way up when his clutch gave up -- completely. I passed him and went to the top to tell the others, then back to the bottom and unload. Then a 3rd trip back up to get all my gear and bring it down.

We weren't quite sure what we'd do in the end but we knew we'd need to get back to the FS road. We used my Tusk tow strap and my brother towed Jerod out behind his KLX (DRZ). We had to stop every couple miles to let the DRZs cool down. They didn't like going slow in the 100+ heat. It took almost 2 hours just to backtrack 10 miles.

It was probably around 8 when we got back on the gravel and I'd formulated a Plan B. We used Marc's Zolio to text my dad about meeting us in Glenn's Ferry the next day. My brother kept towing the XL all the way to the Jarbidge Confluence well after dark, where we camped next to the river. We were all beat from the heat and wolfed some Mountain House before crashing around 11.

The next morning the 3 of us ran down to Jarbidge to top off fuel. It was Monday morning and nothing was open.

While we were getting fuel, Jerod stayed at camp and braided a longer row rope from paracord. Once again, my brother was tow driver. Aside from just a few miles of asphalt, Jerod ate gravel for a total of 147 miles from the hillclimb to Glenn's Ferry.

I had left Supervibe hooked to my trailer just in case we needed to be rescued. My dad saved the trip by hauling my white TW to the trail and we sent him home with Jerod's disgraced XL. After a fuel and lunch break, we headed north, stopping to resupply in Pine, and on to Trinity Lakes campground for the night. It was almost completely full and we got the site at the very end.

Reactions: 5 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor