Gray Man, Inc.

Every time I see your trail riding posts makes me want to get dads Yamaha DT250 running and take a week off and go out west. Awesome scenery!

Reactions: 3 users
Every time I see your trail riding posts makes me want to get dads Yamaha DT250 running and take a week off and go out west. Awesome scenery!

Looks a bit like the Havre, MT area which also reminded me of the landscape thereabouts the 4 corners. NorCal and Oregon have some wild, absolutely massive rolling hills that are unlike anything I've seen anywhere. Having grown up in the Midwest and lived out west I can say the landscape is definitely something else.

Reactions: 1 user
Dude, open invitation. Come on out. Anytime. Seriously.

Reactions: 5 users
Poor Jerod. Isn't he the one that banged up a foot last time out? Is he just a Kamakazi rider?

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, he was the one with purple foot. I'm inclined to blame the bike for this crash. This was his first ride after replacing his front and rear springs. Something is definitely not right because he ended up with only about an inch and a half of fork travel. We walked up the hill where he crashed and it looked like he crossed a shallow rut and the front end just washed out. He went down on his left side and slid about 30 feet with the bike. It happened pretty quick.

Reactions: 1 users
I've got the trim work 98% done. The water heater and shower head are installed. It's up to my daughter to finish painting before I can install the vanity and toilet. I'm hoping to get the trenching handled in the next week or two so I can hook it up to power, water, and septic. Also connecting my shop at the same time for the eventual bathroom completion there.

I've previously hotwired the electrical system with an extension chord and the water with a garden hose so I'm not anticipating any issues.

Reactions: 3 users
Here's a little update on my dad's '37 pickup project, even though I haven't done any of the work. He's got the brakes all done. He had the flathead and transmission out and cleaned up the framerails and firewall. Rebuilt the steering box with new gears and bearings too.

He popped the shift tower off the transmission and it looks beautiful inside. Remember, this was parked 43 years ago.

He's had really good results cleaning up the chrome dash and window frames. These pieces were originally painted but the previous owner had them plated. They were looking pretty rough when we first saw it.

He picked up a really nice 60k mile 307 from a '68 C10 that's slated for a buhjllian horsepower quad-turbo LS swap. He saw it cold start and said it had no smoke and ran perfect. He's just going to ditch the A.I.R., replace the timing set, reseal it, and toss on some 283 C H E V R O L E T script valve covers before a quick repaint. Everything else stays stock including the 2GC and the rad scalloped air cleaner.,

He's also repainted the inner door frames and the dash, as well as replaced the door glass.

Remember back when he bought this and said he'd save it for next winter?

Reactions: 6 users
I've got a 1200 mile trail ride coming up in about 10 days. Bike is ready. Did gear inventory this afternoon. Ima go out there and not get dead like a summbitch.

Attachments

• 20230614_174847.jpg
    20230614_174847.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 51
  • 20230614_175151.jpg
    20230614_175151.jpg
    7.9 MB · Views: 48
  • 20230614_175758.jpg
    20230614_175758.jpg
    8.4 MB · Views: 54
  • 20230614_180047.jpg
    20230614_180047.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 52
  • 20230614_180353.jpg
    20230614_180353.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 53
  • 20230614_180927.jpg
    20230614_180927.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 51
Reactions: 4 users
I've got a 1200 mile trail ride coming up in about 10 days. Bike is ready. Did gear inventory this afternoon. Ima go out there and not get dead like a summbitch.
you're not sayin' it right!

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor