Greetings from Michigan :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Swartz Creek, MI/Tucson, AZ
Hello all :) Came across the site recently, will slowly become familiar with it. I'm a regular poster over at MalibuRacing.com.
Car:
'81 Landau Malibu Classic
Originally was a 267/th350 combo and 2.29s. A previous owner had installed a 305, and the 350 trans was toast when I got it. Came across a '78 or '79 v6/3-speed manual Malibu when I was working at a junkyard several years ago, so I pulled everything for the setup and put it in mine. I have a 350 that I'll build sooner or later as a stopgap, but ultimate plans call for a Gen III motor/T-56 (possibly T-56 this winter if I can scrape up the $$$). The Malibu I have right now is rotting away due to its entire life most likely being in Michigan, so the body on this one may very well get scrapped in the end for a better shell. I've since removed the aftermarket tach & gauges because I came across a 115mph speedometer cluster in a local yard, also had to put another column in because someone tried to steal it at the end of August. I also put the headlight bezels on, they were off in the first pic because I'd been working on the car.
weebu.jpg

DSC00764-1.jpg

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
WElcome i am a fellow malibu owner

pskennedy79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 1, 2007
Kingston, Ontario
Welcome to the site. I have a no rust ,original paint and interior 79 Malibu. I put in a 355, 91 Firebird 5 speed, and an Eaton 3.73 posi in the original 6 cylinder rear end. No actual drag strip time, just lots of fun!
112kph/69 mph is 2400 rpm. I haven't figured out how to post pics yet, but I will.Paul in Kingston, Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor