New guy from Michigan

Fashooter

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 27, 2023
20230830_161313.jpg

Back in an oldsmobile after 25 years. Picked up an 83 calais 62,000 miles. All original...for now! Have been buying parts since June. Quick performance 9 inch built 350 trans. 355 oldsmobile almost done at the machine shop. Scored a set of heads that Batten worked over in the 80s. Roller cam holley sniper 2 ready to go on. May have a few questions along the way

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
That thang looks impeccable! Welcome. Please feel free to start and develop a build thread. This forum and its members are a great resource and we like pictures!

Reactions: 2 users

OldsDad

Apprentice
Supporting Member
Mar 16, 2019
Southwest Michigan 49102
That thang looks impeccable! Welcome. Please feel free to start and develop a build thread. This forum and its members are a great resource and we like pictures!
Welcome from Southwest Michigan. My first Olds was 83 Calis, Got married Sold it, Kid totaled it in two weeks. 25 years later we added a 86 442 to the family. Welcome

Reactions: 1 user

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Welcome to the GBodyForum!
Super clean looking Cutlass! I wish my paint looked half as good as that. I've always liked that front end. Lots of help, advise and camaraderie here. Let's see more of your car.

Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
View attachment 231581
Back in an oldsmobile after 25 years. Picked up an 83 calais 62,000 miles. All original...for now! Have been buying parts since June. Quick performance 9 inch built 350 trans. 355 oldsmobile almost done at the machine shop. Scored a set of heads that Batten worked over in the 80s. Roller cam holley sniper 2 ready to go on. May have a few questions along the way

Very good looking ride, wish you the best of luck with that Sniper but I am sure with version 2 they finally have it dialed in

Fashooter

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 27, 2023
Very good looking ride, wish you the best of luck with that Sniper but I am sure with version 2 they finally have it dialed in
I was on the fence on buying the sniper. Then they came out with the new one and decided to try it. I have a friend that had great luck with the original set up.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I was on the fence on buying the sniper. Then they came out with the new one and decided to try it. I have a friend that had great luck with the original set up.
My luck has been the total opposite, but like I said I wish you the best. I am just dumping it now for a Edlebrock Pro Flo so it has full 8 injectors

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor