GTA no motor no trans good buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pimplogic

Master Mechanic
Dec 25, 2009
i have an opportunity to buy a 87 Trans am GTA with no motor no trans for $500. is it a good buy?

86 regal

Greasemonkey
Oct 23, 2009
Hanover, NM
i would say it depends how much you like the car, it could be a good deal but if you end up with a car you never really liked its pretty pointless!

pimplogic

Master Mechanic
Dec 25, 2009
the firebird is the next car i hope to buy, i have a th350 trans laying around my garage and i can get a olds 350 for $350 so im sayin hey i could have a pretty sweet car for less that $1000

pimplogic

Master Mechanic
Dec 25, 2009
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Good one Blake!!

bowtietillidie85SS

Greasemonkey
Mar 26, 2010
Jackson Ms
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

IhaveNoPantsOn

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2009
Holyoke, MA
...and grow a mullet...

79GP6.6L

Greasemonkey
Jul 7, 2006
Upstate NY
Got pics of the car?

Installing a TH350 in those would require the conversion kit that summit sells, as they all came with 700R4's. Or T5's.

Was it originally carbed or fuel injected? If it were injected it would have an electric pump in the tank. You might be able to use it with a regulator, not sure about return line issues though.

$500 sounds like a good deal if it is in halfway decent shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor