GTA no motor no trans good buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Some of them came with the wonderful 200 metric(and a 4 speed manual), which would allow you to use or find a driveshaft that would work. Yes I know that the GTA prolly wouldn't have came with those thranssmissions, just stating the f-body in general did. However you would still need the torque arm kit or better yet make something yourself to mount it.

79GP6.6L

Greasemonkey
Jul 7, 2006
Upstate NY
When I said all, I meant all GTA's, as they were introduced in '87 and available only with the two transmissions I mentioned. And I'm pretty sure all GTA's were originally Tuned Port cars. But not 100% positive on that.

If you want to talk about all thirdgen transmissions in general, the 89 TTA's had 2004Rs and the 92 Firehawks got ZF 6 speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor