Hard to start after sitting for a day or hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
79malibubbctt said:
The electric fuel pump will prime the system instead of pumping the gas. Just turn the key on and count 3 seconds and start your car.. that simple.

It would prime the system but you'd still need to pump the carb. Even with a properly working choke you usually pump it once. The electric pump won't magically inject gas into the intake.

el_sonoma said:
Seems to me, from the OP, that two different carbs wouldn't be causing the same problem.
Drain back would be my first guess.

the fuel bowl is full and the inlet is closed so how would it drain back..

79malibubbctt said:
The electric fuel pump will prime the system instead of pumping the gas. Just turn the key on and count 3 seconds and start your car.. that simple.

a mechanical pump will pump as soon as you turn over the engine

79malibubbctt said:
The choke is fir warming the engine up to operating temperature quicker in the winter. In the summer the choke is not used.
This is incorrect.
The whole reason you pump the gas once to start any carb'd engine is to set the choke.
On a "cold" engine, this closes the choke for initial start up. Once started, it opens. The outside temp and choke setting will determine how slowly or quickly it opens.
You'd rather spend all that extra money and do all that extra work, just so you don't have to pump the gas pedal one time?

el_sonoma said:
Well, what I'm thinkin' is that the carb itself is not the problem but, perhaps the installation or fuel delivery.

Maybe if Lorenzo could post a pic, someone might see something not right.
Ok So got some pics here they are !

Attachments

• IMG_0186.JPG
    IMG_0186.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,082
  • IMG_0187.JPG
    IMG_0187.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,023
  • IMG_0188.JPG
    IMG_0188.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,022
And if anyone knows how i can fix the choke connector? The Cable keeps slipping off :roll: Thanks!

Lorenzo said:
And if anyone knows how i can fix the choke connector? The Cable keeps slipping off :roll: Thanks!

What 'cable' are you refering to?

Wrap a plastic tie around the body of the thermostatic spring and the connector. Works great mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor