Has aneyone used a sodablaster on there car????

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-BUDDY

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 2, 2009
THIBADAUX LA.
im lookin at get it to buying a sodablaster from eastwood to do my cutty.want to bare metal it has 2 layers of paint to get off the factory paint and a candy paint job to get off :x what u guys thank???try to keep it on the subject please!!!! :blah:

itsnotanova

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2008
Bastrop,Tx
I can't speak for using soda, but if you were using sand instead. Which I believe is more adbrasive than soda. It still would take forever to sand blast a complete car using a hobbie size blaster. Those small blasters are nice for small projects. If you're doing a body off restoration I would recommend bringing it to a professional. Don't be cheap like I was though or you'll be spending weeks getting out the waves on your body.

adumb

Master Mechanic
Jun 10, 2007
Western, NY
i just did some reading. it sounds like aircraft stripper is the thing of choice. probably what i'll try when/if i repaint my car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor