Has anybody tried to reuse their carpeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

rusty

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 10, 2010
Anybody out there try to reuse the spare tire crawl space carpeting in their el camino. I have a 1978 el camino that I took up the floor carpeting front and rear to put dynamat down. I want to use the rear carpeting again that goes in the spare tire area, but hit has a plasticy back which is pealing off. Not sure if this is the original glue or some kind of backing. Do I try to peal all this off and reglue with contact cement or purchase new. Has anyone done this before. I was going to try to peal it off and just glue the sides and not glue it to the dynamat which is only on the floor. Thanks for the help guys.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
are you talking about the cover that snaps on or the carpet thats INSIDE the cubbie hole?

rusty

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 10, 2010
I am talking about the actual carpeting inside the cubby hole (aka spare tire area). Not the button on facial cover. Thanks

87LS-WITH-AN-LS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 5, 2010
MIAMI,FL
better off going with stockinteriors.com they use acc carpet,they just sell cheaper then everybody else.if anyone plans on ordering from them lmk and ill post up a discount you can use at checkout to save you some money. 8)

rusty

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 10, 2010
Went online and checked out stock interiors. What kind of discount do you have, thinkin of ordering a full carpet from them. Thanks

87LS-WITH-AN-LS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 5, 2010
MIAMI,FL
rusty said:
Went online and checked out stock interiors. What kind of discount do you have, thinkin of ordering a full carpet from them. Thanks
RETURN09 is the code to enter at checkout :D

rusty

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 10, 2010
Thanks, I will let you know how I make out.

87LS-WITH-AN-LS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 5, 2010
MIAMI,FL
rusty said:
Thanks, I will let you know how I make out.
no problem and good luck with your project

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor