has anybody used reliant brand gaskets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
i have been looking for gasket sets and i ran across reliant brand gaskets on ebay, they seem to have good feedback and the guy told me he has been selling them for 5 years at 175 sets a month on average and has had no problems with them. they are pretty affordable compared to some of the other companies. here is a link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrole ... enameZWDVW

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
They could be good or bad. I would probably not use them because of the consequences of what could go wrong. If you are building a good engine and don't like to remove engines frequently, I would step up to a known brand. If you are just resealing an old engine to get a few more miles out of it without it leaking like the Exxon Valdez, these would probably be ok.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
honestly i have not had good luck with the felpros, i have a oily motor to vouch for that and i did that motor only maybe 4 years ago. any other suggestions?

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
There are several different models of Fel Pro gaskets. Cork is junk. Unfortunately, most people buy the cork gaskets as they come in the least expensive kits. I have a rubber gasket on my Nissan, and the original took 10 years to dry out. I replaced it with a new Fel Pro earlier this year, and so far have had no leaks. As far as it goes, the perimeter bolt SBC stamped steel valve covers don't seal well, and you are better off with center bolt or cast aluminum perimeter bolt covers.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
i am the opposite, i normally will always use cork and they work for me, at least valve cover wise. i dont use stamped steel on my motors, all aluminum for me, i have a thing for polished parts lol. it always seems to me the oil pans that never seal well. i am thinking that i will try the 1 piece neoprene gasket on my running 355, it is just like the vortec style one but made for 2 piece rear main engines. so is this reliant company legit? they are likely making the same exact gasket as the rest of the companies right??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor