has anyone ever tried to put 2 pillowtop driver seats in

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
OK, what I thought. :D I have the same thing in my car. I thought maybe he was talking about another "mystery option" that I'd never seen before! :D So the call fer pics.

averagewhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jun 7, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
All I know, is one thing GM did very well was pillow-top seats. lol. The one Cadillac I was a day away from buying (long story) had them. It was an '85 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance. The big-*ss one. It had full pillow-top seats, but in leather. It was rediculously comfy.

illregal82

Master Mechanic
Jul 4, 2006
MINNEAPOLIS
oh i know how comfy they are thats why i thought of this ive never seen or heard about this done i think it would be sic two plush seats with a center console. i might try it go get 1 driver and see if i can get in the passenger side and move the controls if it works ill get another and put it in that if it doesnt work i only bought one does any know body know of any seats that bolt in g body cause you can take seats form a 80-92 rwd deville or broughm and they bolt right into a 80-90 caprice

3965_3.JPG

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
I kind of like your idea of two 40's. The passenger side could be a manual seat cause the electric controls would face the console. Have you measured? I can measure my 40 if it would help you. I suspect the floor isn't very flat so the bracketing will be tricky, but Henry Ford built a whole car from scratch!

averagewhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jun 7, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
The reason the Fleetwood seats fit into a Caprice is because it's the same body essentially. They certainly wouldn't fit into a G Body. But basically, you can make just about anything work. I've seen Camaro seats in them before...

HurstOlds

Master Mechanic
Sep 21, 2007
Illinois
averagewhiteboy said:
And here ya go, here's a pic from my '82 GP brochure. Factory Brougham pillowtops. Sexxxy. lol.

P3240624.jpg

Those aren't car seats, those are La-Z-Boys! Lol

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
they did make the regal have the pillow tops with a center council between them, i actually saved the lower piece of the passenger side seat to do it, i planed to recover them. i have only seen them in grey with black pipeing in 82 regals, i am sure there are more years and colors but thats what i have found. they also came in some t types and turbo t's in leather with is even better.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
There is one problem with this that no one has addressed. The inside of the driver's seat is canted inwards and the upholstered section is shorter than the outside you normally see. This is to clear the transmission tunnel and would likely cause interference at worst or just look awkward at best without modifications to the seat frame.

Driver's seat outside
m_c4f9001d0c70554da3d45b859386730d.jpg

Driver's seat inside edge
m_cb17fda5ec1ac35a7aaac208f71b1225.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor