HAS ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM??

Status
Not open for further replies.

2fit661ca

Master Mechanic
Nov 16, 2009
Fairfield, IA
I've almost completed the "resurection" of my Cutlass, and I have finally hooked up all of my electrical wires. I have a battery installed and I have gottn all of my electrical stuff to wok; i.e. ower windows, lights, seats, etc.. But now I have a problem with all of my electrical circuits except for the starter. All of my accessories and lights work intermittently. I have determined the problem to be on the ground side of the HOT wire that leaves the battery post and runs down behind the right fender towards the computer. But now I can't figure out why the power keeps cutting out... Do ou think it could be a bad ECM? I know my Blazer had a similar problem when I bught it 2 years ago, but my Blazer lost ALL power. The Cutlass's starter still works and when the key is tured on, the Oil/Choke light comes on.

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
I would check all the grounds and make sure to clean all the electrical connections...my first swap wouldn't even start and ended up being a dirty harness connection. Bad ground wires tend to show as intermittent working of stuff.

Jg85350Regal

Greasemonkey
Mar 10, 2010
Windsor Locks, CT
It could just be a dirty connection or a battery cable thats rotten inside the insulation, it might pass enough current to run small stuff but not enough juice for the starter.

2fit661ca

Master Mechanic
Nov 16, 2009
Fairfield, IA
I felt retarded after I got the problem fixed today... When I put the new battery cable in, I only attached it to the engine, not the body. Being as my engine and transmission mounts are rubber, it's a wonder I had any electricity to my components at all. But the problem is fixed and now everything works great!! Thanks for the help though, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor