Has anyone installed one of these?? If so, pics would be great..

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Thanks guys for the input. I was hoping I would not have to paint edges etc. since my original dash is blue. Can’t have any of that showing. Still looking for more pics if you know anyone.

dfast1

Apprentice
Sep 24, 2018
In my opinion, save your money and install one of these. Do it once and do I right. Expensive but well made and it will last. I have one and I am very happy with it.

……..and BTW I do not work for this company

1543672010034.png

https://www.dixierestorationdepot.com/Product/Detail.aspx?s=DM00853 BLACK&d=175

Last edited:

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
One of the few nice things about living in the Northeast. Found a completely crack free, mint dash from a mid 80's Monte at my local pick and pull yard for $30... but that was 15 years ago. They are hard to come by now though.

Reactions: 1 user

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
I bought a NOS dash from a Chevy dealer that was going out of business back in 2009 for $500. It was black had to dye it tan. It was a lot of money, but there was no other option back then. My old one sat in the AZ. sun for years and was so cracked it looked like a dry lake bed. Glad I did it now.
17834367_10213381299835398_6812984566134935951_o.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

paul.m

Master Mechanic
Oct 20, 2018
That dash looks great ! But at that price point a dash cover is stil a good option until one can afford a new dash . I suppose when you finally decide to change dash , it would be a good time to replace the almost 40 yr old wiring harness also !

Reactions: 1 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
That dash looks great ! But at that price point a dash cover is stil a good option until one can afford a new dash . I suppose when you finally decide to change dash , it would be a good time to replace the almost 40 yr old wiring harness also !
I agree 100%. If I was building another show car, I would buy the Dixie dash, but not for this car... This car will get a dash cover, new gauges, new steering wheel, and painted column.

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
Thanks guys for the input. I was hoping I would not have to paint edges etc. since my original dash is blue. Can’t have any of that showing. Still looking for more pics if you know anyone.

You might want to keep checking local junk yards, the pic & pull types, in your area and just find a Regal, even a four door. Regal dashes, unlike the Montes, Malibus, and El caminos, are usually intact. It's actually odd for a Regal dash to crack. I picked up a Regal dash a couple years ago for a project I was doing at a local pic&pull. Just find a junked Regal.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor