Has anyone installed one of these?? If so, pics would be great..

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Was looking at this option for Project "Laid Back". My dash is clean, but faded, and would require removal, and paint. There is also a crack right in the middle, between the a/c vents. Could I remove dash, fix crack, and paint....yes, but it's alot of work. OR Could I snap this on, and be done. I'm going all black / aluminum interior, and these come black already. Any testimony??

https://www.opgi.com/regal/RG10231/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIj4_to4f43gIVy7xkCh1JQQw5EAEYASABEgIkXvD_BwE

michmalibuman

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2017
I did a Top half on a 78 Malibu came out nice , It was pretty simple.:cool:

Reactions: 1 user

Tc77

Apprentice
Sep 19, 2018
I put one on my camino. Easy to do and it looks good. Glove box gets caught opening and closing it. Radio insert is a pain getting in and out catches. Other wise it’s nice

paul.m

Master Mechanic
Oct 20, 2018
I heard of a guy selling new old stock malibu dash,s down at the dragstrip . I think he was getting 850 $ . Any thoughts on the price ?

• Wow

shoedoos

Master Mechanic
Jul 3, 2012
if you sniff around the interweb, you'll find the same dash cover for less then half the price opgi are selling them for....

Reactions: 3 users

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
Was looking at this option for Project "Laid Back". My dash is clean, but faded, and would require removal, and paint. There is also a crack right in the middle, between the a/c vents. Could I remove dash, fix crack, and paint....yes, but it's alot of work. OR Could I snap this on, and be done. I'm going all black / aluminum interior, and these come black already. Any testimony??

https://www.opgi.com/regal/RG10231/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIj4_to4f43gIVy7xkCh1JQQw5EAEYASABEgIkXvD_BwE

I was speaking to a friend of mine this morning and mentioned that used Regal dashes on Ebay asking prices were as much as $1000 and a couple hundred for shipping. This would make buying used on Ebay price prohibitive. He had owned one of the nicest frame-off 81 Malibus I ever saw, and he informed me that it had one of these dash appliances you're asking about. He really didn't even know it had one until he was checking the vin one day, and I suppose there was something tell-tale in that area of the dash. Anyway, he sold the car through Gateway Classics and here's a video of it, and it shows some dash shots. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
I heard of a guy selling new old stock malibu dash,s down at the dragstrip . I think he was getting 850 $ . Any thoughts on the price ?
Yes, but I’ll refrain from all the cuss words that would come out of my mouth...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor