Has anyone made their own headliner back board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spongbob

Greasemonkey
Oct 1, 2022
You could use a used you could take one out of a van and patch it to contour to smaller size.someones thinking to simple"lol...I have used brown sack paper" to repair rips in them, as they are fragile ,and sometimes tear at some point.I would not think about fiberglass personally to heavy to work intense and way too stinky. If you just want to fabricate one if you can find some sheet aluminum "? Comes to mind maybe the spray crack sealer/filler at lowes combined with cardboard ribs epoxyed to ceiling for hanging okay a lenth of cardboard attached to sides underneath to hold any tin sounds" dead '(contact cemented) some possible plywood"deadwood added if you intend to screw or staple it ,(inside top)at sides front deadwood can be secured with liquid nails and props untill dry saw relief cuts for deadwood curves nessesary ?I like upholstery velour usually availible on ebay. I put up with the wrinkles on compound curves and prefer grey velor.use 3m fabric upholstery glue or contact cement dont work below 60 degrees and leave edges loose(till) for last thanks for reading post. You can use deadwood bows you can section it simply join over deadwood with wood bows of fancy imported wood of use veneer over sanded ply (routed?l and well it goes on and on...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor