Has anyone used Summit Racing paint before

Status
Not open for further replies.

coercecare

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 23, 2012
m.youtube.com
I'm in the process of completing bodywork on my elcamino & was thinking of buying red flame summit racing acrylic urethane paint. Wanted to know if anyone has used it before?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    957.7 KB · Views: 1,382
ya i have used it before as long as the prep work and the perosn spraying are good it looks great. it does lack in metallic and can definetly doe not look like costly paint such as ppg but it will get the job done

You could always ad some metal flake to the paint mixture

I've used it once and will never buy it again. For about the same cost, you could get PPG's lower end line (Omni) and be much better off.

coercecare said:
I don't like PPG omni, I have had coverage issues & it didn't lay down right

Really?? Out of everything I've used (which is not that much - Omni, PPG, Dupont, and Summit), the PPG stuff has always worked the best for me and buffed out really nice. I guess it just comes down to personal preference. What I did not like about the Summit paint is that the buffing seemed to require very high speed compared to Omni and PPG. I also found that a Wool pad worked best on it. The typical 3M compounding also did not work all that great with it. I ended up using Meguiar's products with it.

DuPont has a lower priced line called Nason. I've had great luck with that in 2K and base clear.

A good painter that knows what he's doing can spray with the cheapest paint out there & look just as good as the higher end stuff. The cheaper stuff does spray different, just don't get in a rush with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor