Have Electric Cars finally killed muscle cars???

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
still curious why you all think there's some "cutoff" date when all the engines quit running and only electric will work. Like "mark your calendars we're shutting off the pumps July 5th!!" This is going to take years, quite a few of them. To build out the infrastructure, to phase things out, to invent new tech and toss out the stuff that doesn't work..... And in the end all of us with our dino burners will still be here. Yeah its gonna get more expensive. Ask the guys maintaining those 1900-1930 ish cars how cheap it is to find parts and keep going. This is the way. Always has been.

"omg these new fangled cars where are people gonna drive them, there's no roads or highways or gas stations or anything yet its so dumb"
"gasoline is so dangerous, did you know it can explode and catch fire?"
"you have to buy MORE oil and gas and parts and tires just to keep it running, sounds like a racket to me."
"soon they're gonna come for the horses and the wagon, you just hide and watch."

The Sky Is Falling Reaction GIF

• Haha
  • Winner
Reactions: 4 users

olskool

Apprentice
Sep 26, 2021
Ok. Because you say it, that makes it true. Are you reading the statement?
no not because i say it, but because i live in reality! i look at common sense! i am not reading a statement, i am reading the people of this country! i am reading poll numbers! i am looking at the l**ns on the left pushing this bogus bull! i am not buying into fake propaganda! they couldn't fill up half of a dollar store parking lot with supporters! but just look at rallies across this land with normal thinking people! 80 thousand or more are on hand every time patriotism is cried! and they aint getting there in no stinking Eletric MR magoo care either!

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
no not because i say it, but because i live in reality! i look at common sense! i am not reading a statement, i am reading the people of this country! i am reading poll numbers! i am looking at the l**ns on the left pushing this bogus bull! i am not buying into fake propaganda! they couldn't fill up half of a dollar store parking lot with supporters! but just look at rallies across this land with normal thinking people! 80 thousand or more are on hand every time patriotism is cried! and they aint getting there in no stinking Eletric MR magoo care either!

dude. stay on point. this kind of stuff will get the thread locked. deep breaths.

Reactions: 1 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
still curious why you all think there's some "cutoff" date when all the engines quit running and only electric will work. Like "mark your calendars we're shutting off the pumps July 5th!!" This is going to take years, quite a few of them. To build out the infrastructure, to phase things out, to invent new tech and toss out the stuff that doesn't work..... And in the end all of us with our dino burners will still be here. Yeah its gonna get more expensive. Ask the guys maintaining those 1900-1930 ish cars how cheap it is to find parts and keep going. This is the way. Always has been.

"omg these new fangled cars where are people gonna drive them, there's no roads or highways or gas stations or anything yet its so dumb"
"gasoline is so dangerous, did you know it can explode and catch fire?"
"you have to buy MORE oil and gas and parts and tires just to keep it running, sounds like a racket to me."
"soon they're gonna come for the horses and the wagon, you just hide and watch."

The Sky Is Falling Reaction GIF

Wasn't there a similar doom and gloom outlook when EFI started to increase complexity and make hotrodding harder than slapping on a different carb?

I look forward to the days of installing larger VFD's and nuclear energy cells or a Mr Fusion.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Wasn't there a similar doom and gloom outlook when EFI started to increase complexity and make hotrodding harder than slapping on a different carb?

I look forward to the days of installing larger VFD's and nuclear energy cells or a Mr Fusion.
oh hell yeah, that and the entire switch over to FWD in the 80's comes to mind. OMG ITS THE END OF RWD AS WE KNOW IT.

Reactions: 3 users

olskool

Apprentice
Sep 26, 2021
dude. stay on point. this kind of stuff will get the thread locked. deep breaths.
not out to get the thread locked down brother, i just refuse to be ran over by an EV, LOL! everything is good, and i do respect every opinion, every man has a right to express his, including me. but no problems here. just venting some exhaust,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

olskool

Apprentice
Sep 26, 2021
like i stated i am a retired Transmission man. when FWD came out in 79 we thought it was the end as we knew it. but the truth is FWD cars has been around for a long time. i have rebuild an untold amount of FWD including many from the 60s, the toronado Olds had a 425 THM it was nothing more than a sideways 400 THM chain drive.

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis

Yea it sounds good,but then our margin for error or hackery is way slimmer. 🤔

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Yea it sounds good,but then our margin for error or hackery is way slimmer. 🤔

I don't know about that. Electrical motors are older tech than petroleum combustion power. The hackery now is on the computer controls that run the show, I think it will be the same for electrical cars.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
That is apparent to me as well. The statement that was posted & that you quoted/responded to with:
i have no idea what you are talking about! we are not a minority! that only exist in the minds and lies of those spewing such nonsense!

was that hotrodders & auto enthusiasts are a minority when it comes to the transportation sector as a whole. It's not nonsense just because it's different from your experiences (you're older than me but not significantly).

Maybe in your area, every one of your neighbors has a 4x4 or hotrod. My experience is vastly different. In the cities I've lived in (suburban cities), there might be one other household on the block of 40 homes that also has an automotive enthusiast living there. Driving to work I might see a couple of older/classic vehicles & a few later model horsepower infused modern cars. The masses encountered on the road daily however are not hotrods or classics hence hotrods & classics designated as a minority vs general transportation used by the majority of folks. Heck, there's a thread on this site dedicated to this...... https://gbodyforum.com/threads/the-spotted-thread.26005/unread

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor