Have Electric Cars finally killed muscle cars???

The Emissions argument for EVs and saving the planet is one of the weakest arguments there is.
global_emissions_sector_2015.png

This data is straight from the EPA not newsmax or Fox. The 14% Transportation includes Over the road trucks, boats, planes and trains not just cars. Considering most new cars with ICE engines even pickups and SUVs are LEVs and ULEVs how much of an impact is switching over to EVs going to make on air pollution? Especially when you factor in where EVs get their charge from (Coal & NG makes up most of the US power generation). The decrease in greenhouses gases will be negligible.

If you add up every Big Block non catted muscle car with a carb the impact on the atmosphere is lower than lawn mowers because the number of cars and mileage driven are so low.

And the overall ecological impact of moving from ICE to EVs for daily transportation could end up being more detrimental to the environment because the cars lack of maintainability beyond a certain number of years means they will be sent to the crusher years before an ICE car would have. I have yet to find any scholarly journals or scientific data on that yet, but I'm sure it's out there if you look hard enough.

The high cost of battery repair replacement is real:
absolutely correct,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The Emissions argument for EVs and saving the planet is one of the weakest arguments there is.
global_emissions_sector_2015.png

This data is straight from the EPA not newsmax or Fox. The 14% Transportation includes Over the road trucks, boats, planes and trains not just cars. Considering most new cars with ICE engines even pickups and SUVs are LEVs and ULEVs how much of an impact is switching over to EVs going to make on air pollution? Especially when you factor in where EVs get their charge from (Coal & NG makes up most of the US power generation). The decrease in greenhouses gases will be negligible.

If you add up every Big Block non catted muscle car with a carb the impact on the atmosphere is lower than lawn mowers because the number of cars and mileage driven are so low.

And the overall ecological impact of moving from ICE to EVs for daily transportation could end up being more detrimental to the environment because the cars lack of maintainability beyond a certain number of years means they will be sent to the crusher years before an ICE car would have. I have yet to find any scholarly journals or scientific data on that yet, but I'm sure it's out there if you look hard enough.

The high cost of battery repair replacement is real:

I'd seen the transportation number in the 30% range myself on another gov't site, I may have to dig that up. Either way, the only way to cut pollution is to stop making stuff, not make different stuff. Recycling is a scam too. All the "green" things us first world countries do does absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. But it sounds good when you say it.

I think most people are missing the point. EVs are great for the masses that sit in traffic all day. Who can argue against that? You are just looking foolish sitting in a huge lifted truck belching diesel fumes going walking speed. Might as well be in a clean EV and laugh at the guy spending beaucoup cash at the pump just to sit in traffic. Big cities choking on crummy air may ban ICE vehicles for good reason. BUT. Large areas of the country require long distance travel. Some parts will never have enough electrical infrastructure to support EVs. Some die-hards will never give up their ICE vehicles. No one can force you to by an EV when it is not even a workable alternative yet. On weekends you will still fire up the classic car/Jeep/race car/motorcycle/ whatever and have your fun. No one is going to take that away. Until the market decides that it is not making any money on you! I doubt most of us will be around to witness the actual end of the ICE.

That is a feature, make living out in the country and suburbs more difficult to influence people to move into cities. Country living is seen as being very anti green by treehuggers because as you said people drive longer distances which uses more fuel. Futhermore, country folk are also more likely to have several ICE powered vehicles, more than one car or truck, lawnmowers, tractors, ATVs, outdoor power equipment, etc. While many city people don't own any powered vehicles and even fewer would have outdoor power equipment. The greenies want everyone to live in cities like Mega City 1 in Judge Dredd. The end goal is to kill private car ownership and make everyone use rideshare services.Its easi3r to use EVs for ridesharing which is why the EV push is just a step. D and R don't matter anymore as both parties were bought up decades ago.

Last edited:
If someone could whip up a gif of Klaus Schwab eating popcorn for me real quick, I'd be eternally grateful.

EasyPhotoEditor_06042022_185214.jpg

I think he was in the pool.

This site needs spoiler tags.

Last edited:

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor