Have Electric Cars finally killed muscle cars???

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
White Zombie used to be out of Portland. Used to see him as PIR quite a bit. One of the reasons it's kinda fast is purely power/weight. Those 1200s weigh nothing.

Reactions: 1 user

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Well here's another nail in the coffin.

thumb_tumblr_l_831734761324331-2461093174.jpg

I could see EVs bricking themselves until you have them serviced.
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but ICE vehicles can do that now.

Jeep 5.9.20.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but ICE vehicles can do that now.

View attachment 196149
Tesla is kind-of like apple...

Apple comes out with a "new" feature and publicizes the heck out of it, except Samsung had the same feature for about 5 or 6 years going.

Alot of things the ev fanboys go nutso over have been around in one vehicle or another in the past

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
Tesla is kind-of like apple...

Alot of things the ev fanboys go nutso over....
Fanboys AKA "Musk Fluffers"

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Great shitz. Except he forgot the most important statistic of all, which identifies how he’s being played by his sources.

He defines ‘educated idiot’ imho.

3B8BF7BC-5EA0-4C4A-BE5B-663290193EE6.jpeg

If this number was only 100 then it would be too high.

Nearly 5000 non-Iraqi deaths to keep the oil flowing. Now look at the Iraqi deaths and the trillions of $ wasted on these wars to keep the oil flowing - I’ve never found a cost analysis or study on that.

Enron, and Cheney, we’re the start of this fallacy.

Corn based ethanol, switch grass based ethanol, solar, wind, domestic oil and natural gas - all of these options pale in comparison to the cost in human life to keep oil flowing.

I know this is off the EV topic, but I’ve seen this video posted here before and it is so disappointing to see a study that doesn’t factor in all of the results.

I wonder if this guy ever spent any time in full armor on a security detail in Fallujah or anywhere the like? I’ll guess no.

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Great shitz. Except he forgot the most important statistic of all, which identifies how he’s being played by his sources.

He defines ‘educated idiot’ imho.

View attachment 196153

If this number was only 100 then it would be too high.

Nearly 5000 non-Iraqi deaths to keep the oil flowing. Now look at the Iraqi deaths and the trillions of $ wasted on these wars to keep the oil flowing - I’ve never found a cost analysis or study on that.

Enron, and Cheney, we’re the start of this fallacy.

Corn based ethanol, switch grass based ethanol, solar, wind, domestic oil and natural gas - all of these options pale in comparison to the cost in human life to keep oil flowing.

I know this is off the EV topic, but I’ve seen this video posted here before and it is so disappointing to see a study that doesn’t factor in all of the results.

I wonder if this guy ever spent any time in full armor on a security detail in Fallujah or anywhere the like? I’ll guess no.
Lobby for Keystone XL, we would be super happy to keep it full for you. All the oil goodness with none of the dictatorial and carbon related guilt. Plus some 20 something newfies and Onterrribleians will be able to have lifted trucks. Its a win for everyone!

Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office

Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Lobby for Keystone XL, we would be super happy to keep it full for you. All the oil goodness with none of the dictatorial and carbon related guilt. Plus some 20 something newfies and Onterrribleians will be able to have lifted trucks. Its a win for everyone!

Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office

Ethical domestic Canadian (and American) oil/LPG/etc is too expensive... Because we value our lives, not yours.

Ethical anything costs.

Energy has to come from somewhere.

Busy Mickey Mouse GIF by Team Tumult

So do the raw materials. There is no sustainable, zero sum or positive gain, model. But, maintaining an existing platform best leverages the initial energy and raw material investment. That's why having a muscle car and keeping running is better for the environment than a whole new EV buy over the long run. We treat cars like commodities. We wouldn't do that to a horse. They are purposeful tools that need attention.

The unfortunate reality is people are too shallow and easily distracted to understand the totality of their actions.

dog zombie GIF by Cachi

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Spot on brother!!

1649519044040.png

Thinking things through is too hard or time consuming. And by association it is going to be harder and harder in some parts of the world, and through trickle down effects, to enjoy muscle cars and hot rodding as we traditionally have.

To Northernregal 's point EVs will do awesome things in the hands of the right people. But, I just lack the current desire to participate since I am so invested in late-model ICE performance.

Even Natasha is looking at the cars as assets and investments now. Which, depending upon the flow of the future of EV vs. fossil fuels, may be accurate due to the finite nature of the commerce surrounding their relative availability in the marketplace thanks to emissions standards. They aren't a middle class thing any longer. Dodge proved that with the Demon: it was priced as an accessible 9 second car with a warranty, they were sold well over with ADMs and have gained upwards of 40% of their MSRP in just 4 years.

The Tesla Plaids are in crazy high demand and are following a similar trend. Will they have staying power in 4 years? Unknown. There may be regulations coming to limit acceleration and power in those cars because of public safety. But. Again. Hot rodders will find a way to shirk the rules. In the same way people breed race horses for a competitive advantage.

It's what we do.

Last edited:
  • Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Here's a fun site that popped up in my feed today:

There are a lot of follow-on videos on the channel.

Of EVs and muscle cars.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor