have you done this before

Status
Not open for further replies.

teezyboi817

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 25, 2011
i have a 84 4 door cutlass and i have a 72 c10 with a 350. will this engine be able to go in the cutlass amd what all will i need to make this swap successfull please help me out im a single father with my fathers car and limited money trying to get this old thing running.... thank you guys for even taking your time out to look at this post i appreciate it

Re: found a good 350 for the swap

teezyboi817 said:
i have a 84 4 door cutlass and i have a 72 c10 with a 350. will this engine be able to go in the cutlass amd what all will i need to make this swap successfull please help me out im a single father with my fathers car and limited money trying to get this old thing running.... thank you guys for even taking your time out to look at this post i appreciate it

For one youll need some sbc motor mounts...

Re: found a good 350 for the swap

I DID A LIL BIT OF RESEARCH I GRABBED THOSE THE PART NUMBER WAS 2292 FOR THOSE AND MY MOTOR ISNT FUEL INJECTED WILL THAT MATTER

You will need the motor mounts uppers and lower for a monte carlo or other gbody with a sbc. You will need a trans that will bolt up to a sbc, headers or mainfolds or which ever you perfer. It doesnt matter about fuel inj because in gbody cars other the the Turbo Buick's non where fuel inj. You will need to make some wireing changes. If you plan on keepi g ac you will need all the brackets for sbc. It a little bit of work but it will work.

to be honest it sounds like you might be in over your head, im just putting this out there so you dont end up dumping thousands of dollars into this for nothing

chevy2480 said:
You will need the motor mounts uppers and lower for a monte carlo or other gbody with a sbc. You will need a trans that will bolt up to a sbc, headers or mainfolds or which ever you perfer. It doesnt matter about fuel inj because in gbody cars other the the Turbo Buick's non where fuel inj. You will need to make some wireing changes. If you plan on keepi g ac you will need all the brackets for sbc. It a little bit of work but it will work.

i appreciate at this help i found a trans and some headers from a neighbors 86 silverado,i bought the whole truck for $300 as a scrap and donor.Where would i be able to find the wiring from. ill post pictures to show what im working on when i get back home from visitin my grandmother.

Peter said:
to be honest it sounds like you might be in over your head, im just putting this out there so you dont end up dumping thousands of dollars into this for nothing

i understand but im just trying to gather info because this is something that im very dedicated to do i have all the time to get this right i just forked $600 into this car for it to sit in my backyard and collect dust and just rot..in over my head i know but i believe i can make it work

teezyboi817 said:
chevy2480 said:

i appreciate at this help i found a trans and some headers from a neighbors 86 silverado,i bought the whole truck for $300 as a scrap and donor.Where would i be able to find the wiring from. ill post pictures to show what im working on when i get back home from visitin my grandmother.
First off headers from a silverado will not work. Manifolds?
Second the motor mounts also will not work. Car mounts have a different mounting position.
As far as wireing you will use the cars exsisting wireing you will just have to make a few changes here aNd there.
If the Trans is a th350 sort tail or 200r4 your driveshaft will work any thing else it will not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor