Heading to the races...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gozer442

Master Mechanic
Aug 9, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Well, with the long weekend upon us (in Canada), I'm taking my 11 year old boy on a boys camping trip. We're going to Grand Bend Dragway to watch the Ontario Nostalgia Drag Racers and take in the test and tune night! Should be a blast! I'm taking the Cutlass, but won't be making any passes with the 7.5" posi... I haven't got the 8.8 in yet.

Is anyone else going or does anyone know someone going? I don't know anyone else going. Drop me a line if you are!

I'll take some pics of the show and post them when we get back.

And, Happy Canada Day!

Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Yesterday I sold some parts to a guy who is heading to Grand Ben, drag racing never really interested me. I'm working on my GP this weekend and I hope to have it running by July 4th..I hope you have some fun and watch out for the cops, they are out there hunting this weekend and they will bag anyone they can....:)

Gozer442

Master Mechanic
Aug 9, 2016
Ontario, Canada
It's between 425 and 475... it did 11.89 in an identical car. I have 255/60/15's on the back.... oh, and 229 highway gears, which kills about 200 hp!

Last edited:

Gozer442

Master Mechanic
Aug 9, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Yesterday I sold some parts to a guy who is heading to Grand Ben, drag racing never really interested me. I'm working on my GP this weekend and I hope to have it running by July 4th..I hope you have some fun and watch out for the cops, they are out there hunting this weekend and they will bag anyone they can....:)

Well, I'll be driving the speed limit (to keep the mileage acceptable), and I don't drink and drive... also, my 11 year old will be sitting beside me, and the back will be packed with camping gear. Thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I got pulled over in Brampton once cause I was driving the speed limit in my GP....the cop said it was suspicious that I was only doing the speed limit....:whistle:

Gozer442

Master Mechanic
Aug 9, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Hmm...sorry to hear that. Maybe with the primer black paint my Cutlass has, it will be less "suspicious" looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor